2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought i would say hello. New member from Glasgow, currently in the market for an Fn2 Type R GT.

Hopefully soon as i find the right one i will be meeting a few folk from here.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks GP. Is this an active forum with the Scottish folk?

·
翻訳中に失わ
842 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

If you get your new CTR in time you could come along to the local Ayrshire West Coast Run on 6th/7th August in the meetings section ;)

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
Yeah loads of scottish people on here there is a meeting trying to be arranged check out the meeting section mate.

·
翻訳中に失わ
842 Posts
Yeah loads of scottish people on here there is a meeting trying to be arranged check out the meeting section mate.
Beat you to it Kev lol ^

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys nice to get a warm welcome to a forum. Am on the look out for an Alabaster Silver Type R GT, seen this one on pistonheads so going to give the dealer a call in the morning:

Any info or tips on things to look out for: Robins & Day Birmingham North : HONDA CIVIC 2.0 Type R GT

Currently got an EO Focus ST2 running 320bhp. So would be nice to see what the comparison would be.

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
Check the wiki mate,make sure its had the recall work done,listen out for suspension creaks and heard some have had problems on 3rd gear

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks buddy, will have a read now :D

·
翻訳中に失わ
842 Posts
Thanks guys nice to get a warm welcome to a forum. Am on the look out for an Alabaster Silver Type R GT, seen this one on pistonheads so going to give the dealer a call in the morning:

Any info or tips on things to look out for: Robins & Day Birmingham North : HONDA CIVIC 2.0 Type R GT

Currently got an EO Focus ST2 running 320bhp. So would be nice to see what the comparison would be.
I had an EO ST3 fully modded. Modded ST has the legs obviously in a straight line but the CTR has it for breakfast in all other areas IMO. I also had Eibachs on the ST. Add the Rotrex Supercharger to your CTR though and you'll have it on the straights as well big time............200kg lighter kerb weight also ;)

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Welcome mate hope you get the car. And you lot give the guy a chance.. he aint even sat in the thing yet lol

·
翻訳中に失わ
842 Posts
Welcome mate hope you get the car. And you lot give the guy a chance.. he aint even sat in the thing yet lol
Nothing wrong with a gentle nudge in the right direction lol

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Honda in my time is the only car av not had, had VW's, Renault Sports, Fords. Subaru's all hot hatches, but now a think its time to try the Fn2. And a love the Silver and 19" rage alloys. Looks a beast.

Yeah am running Eibachs on my ST at the moment too, but to be honest am sick of eating clutches and only getting 25mpg at the very best.

My commute to work everyday is Glasgow to Livingston so 30 miles of motorway, not that bothers me. Take it the Type R is a good motorway cruiser?

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
The GT has cruise control so yeah it sits lovely... and has the benefit that if its quiet.. well..... VTEC!!

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah cant beat the sound of the Vtec....been sitting on Youtube all day looking at Fn2's.

Trying to talk the wife into letting me get rid of the ST - that wont take much lol

·
翻訳中に失わ
842 Posts
Honda in my time is the only car av not had, had VW's, Renault Sports, Fords. Subaru's all hot hatches, but now a think its time to try the Fn2. And a love the Silver and 19" rage alloys. Looks a beast.

Yeah am running Eibachs on my ST at the moment too, but to be honest am sick of eating clutches and only getting 25mpg at the very best.

My commute to work everyday is Glasgow to Livingston so 30 miles of motorway, not that bothers me. Take it the Type R is a good motorway cruiser?
You'll probably get in the 30's mpg with mixed motorway driving on the CTR

Yeah its a good on the motorways, cruise control, seats are very comfortable similar to the Recaros in the ST3 if you've tried them

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL you lot are murder making me wanna change car so badly lol.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts