2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've just put a deposit down on a red 2008 Type S 2.2 diesel. I should be collecting it on Thursday once the private plate has been removed.

My current car is a 2013 BMW M135i which I'll be very sorry to see go, but I needed to free up some cash to help fund a house move and the Civic seemed to be a sensible choice.

No photos of the Civic until I collect but I already have plans to change the front grille from perspex to a sports mesh grille and fit a double din head unit.

Dan

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to :civinfo:

Enjoy your torques, later in the week

Looking forward to your build thread.

My M135i was mapped to 370bhp and 420lb/ft so I'm actually losing a fair amount of torque. I'm sure it will remapped fairly soon.

·
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...
1,165 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Plenty of owners on here have had remaps done on their ctdi civics, and they all put out lots of torque now.

Look at messiahontrial's thread. His ctdi is a beast.

Be interesting to see your perspective going from a 135i to a civic. Some ex-civic owners on here have gone from the civic to the 135i and claim "Deutschland uber alles".

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Welcome to the forum.

Plenty of owners on here have had remaps done on their ctdi civics, and they all put out lots of torque now.

Look at messiahontrial's thread. His ctdi is a beast.

Be interesting to see your perspective going from a 135i to a civic. Some ex-civic owners on here have gone from the civic to the 135i and claim "Deutschland uber alles".
Thanks you for the warm welcome, folks.

The Civic is completely different to the M135i. My reasons for buying the Civic is

Low purchase Cost
Good MPG
Reputation for excellent reliability
I love the looks. There's nothing like it on the road.

Whereas the M135i was purchased because of...

Performance
RWD
Performance
Performance
Performance

This is my current steed which I've owned from new

Heres a soundclip of the M135i when I had my M performance fitted.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0GO6at_KZnoSE9memptVUU3UEk/edit?usp=docslist_api

I've mapped and added subtle mods to almost all of my cars, but I've mainly owned turbo petrol engines cars.

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
Hello mate & welcome to Civinfo

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Looks smart mate. Might see you around!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im in totty mate not far at all. I got remap planned and other stuff too. Had mine 2.2 ex for 4month and love it. My previous car was an msport 530d remapped at 285 and was quick,great big solid car but the civ feels like a much more comfortable car on long journeys in all honesty.
It be good to meet up, mines a 5dr with image pack looks the mutts nuts but gonna get some mugen bits in future. I got some nice konig milligrams race lights on it and the unsprung weight response with skiny tires transforms the stock sloppy rolly response the car has. Suspension and brake upgrades are a must on this car other than that its a rewarding drivers car. Its a very cool place to sit too comparing dashboards, will always look fresh, modern and inviting.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts