2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here so please help, I am looking to buy a civic type r over the next few weeks, I want to get the previous shape (01-05) are there options packs for these, as when I bought my current car Clio 182 they had ''cup packs''.
After looking at a few cars the only think I seem to have noticed different are the seats, 1 of the 3 i looked at had Recaros, the other 2 just had Type R on the seat, so obviously I want whatever has Recaros.
Also what are things to look out for when test driving the car.
Reason for the change is I wanted a bigger car, had my 182 for about 6 months and its just a little small, and the civic seems to be a better size, and on paper they are meant to be a little quicker.
Also the Championship white cars are they all imports as I had a brochure from the portsmouth dealer and the only colour options were red/black/grey/silver.
Are the white versions any different.
Finally I would like to do a few modifications when i get one, such as exhaust/panel filter maybe a remap, do these cars respond well to the breathing kit?
Thanks for any replies.

Rob

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
I am new here so please help, I am looking to buy a civic type r over the next few weeks, I want to get the previous shape (01-05) are there options packs for these, as when I bought my current car Clio 182 they had ''cup packs''.
After looking at a few cars the only think I seem to have noticed different are the seats, 1 of the 3 i looked at had Recaros, the other 2 just had Type R on the seat, so obviously I want whatever has Recaros.
Reason for the change is I wanted a bigger car, had my 182 for about 6 months and its just a little small, and the civic seems to be a better size, and on paper they are meant to be a little quicker.
Also the Championship white cars are they all imports as I had a brochure from the portsmouth dealer and the only colour options were red/black/grey/silver.
Finally I would like to do a few modifications when i get one, such as exhaust/panel filter maybe a remap, do these cars respond well to the breathing kit?
Thanks for any replies.

Rob
Hi, I assume you are referring to the older civic, i.e the Ep3 (as its known as). Its on the homepage as car of the month for this forum, first page!

If I remember rightly, there's 2 models, the first Ep3 and they also made the Facelift version 04/05, which has indicators on the wing mirrors, Xenons etc.

The seats you are referring to are the from the Anniversary Special Edition Civic Type R, I believe they come with Red Recaro Seats, MOMO Leather steering wheel, Air Con, red carpets and door linings and privacy glass on the rear windows. 30th Anniversary models were available in Nighthawk Black, Satin Silver and Milano Red. Only 300 of these models were produced, 100 in each of the 3 colours - But to be honest, I think this was a little OTT, and prefer the original Type R, but each to their own.

The Best breathing kit for the EP3 is deffo the Gruppe M, you can find out more about that on this forum, but remember, this forum is not really for the older civic, you maybe better visiting Honda Type-R Owners website - Civic, Integra, Accord, NSX and S2000.

Most of Honda Remaps are from Hondata, and the Ep3 has the K-pro map. Again, google will be best for this.

I dont believe they made a Champ White on the Ep3, but I could be mistaken. If they did, it could be JDM - Not 100% sure.

I would look out for steering issues on the Ep3, particular the steering Rack on the vehicle, so just keep the stereo off, and get that car on full lock around corners, listening for knocks, and quick spins left to right for knocks, you'll need to do this throughout the test drive.

Hope that helps,

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
Thanks for any replies.

Rob
Hey Rob, had your dad looking at my car a few months ago lol

The premier EP3 have recaros and are more desirable, civictype-r.co.uk is more orientated on EP3s and will probably help you more than we can here.

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
Hi rob

The run out versions of the ep3 had tinted rear windows and recaro seats and a momo steering wheel and had type r embosed on the brake calipers. The white ctr are imports from japan they are faster and have more bhp than the uk versions,if you are going for this one make sure they are under sealed and have a fod lamp but most imported have the non face lifted look.

Modding the ep3 seems to be alot of options APB can help you in that area hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts