2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I am obviously new to this site and thought I would say hi. I have just ordered a new Civic Type S GT 2.2 with 18" Storms in NHB.

Really excited and can't wait til it arrives. I have had the iPod kit fitted and following the threads on this forum decided against the bassworks kit. However, due to the car being purchase on a car ownership scheme through work, my only option to upgrade the speakers are at the dealer. So I have reluctantly opted for the Co-Ax speakers in both front and rear. Anyone any thoughts? Are they much of an improvement on the standards?

Thanks

Al

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Welcome from Dorset (Poole). The worst bit is the wait - hopefully for not too long. Mine has been great (13mos old now) no problems. This site is a great resource and can only add to your enthusiasm. Pottsy does a great job in looking after us. Don't forget to order your sticker and become a supporter[smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts

Welcome to the forum Al.:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Hi Al!

Welcome to civinfo.
Agree with Munros post, hopefully you will get an improvement, but aftermarket speakers is much better for the same amount of money. (or even less) :cool:

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Hi there,

I am obviously new to this site and thought I would say hi. I have just ordered a new Civic Type S GT 2.2 with 18" Storms in NHB.

Really excited and can't wait til it arrives. I have had the iPod kit fitted and following the threads on this forum decided against the bassworks kit. However, due to the car being purchase on a car ownership scheme through work, my only option to upgrade the speakers are at the dealer. So I have reluctantly opted for the Co-Ax speakers in both front and rear. Anyone any thoughts? Are they much of an improvement on the standards?

Thanks

Al

Al, I'm based in Eastleigh - just down the road from you and am considering buying the 1.8EX in bluish silver with 18" alloys. See

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/introduce-yourself/10978-hello-southampton.html

Can you tell me which dealer you used? Or as you bought on a car ownership scheme, was the car sourced out of the area?

Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome - getting a few members in Hants - you in Winchester, Lurker in Eastleigh and me down the road Hedge End.

If you see a Milano Red Type S GT, (with Type R Grill), 18" Blades, driver wearing a chessey grin as he drives, likely to be me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Lurker

sorry for late reply, been away for a few days. My type S gt has only just been ordered and I have no idea where they will be sourcing it from. Looking at some other forums posted in oct last year, there is a suggestion that there is quite a long lead time (20 weeks in one instance), so I am hoping it won't be that long.

Which alloys you looking at?

All the best

Al

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome - getting a few members in Hants - you in Winchester, Lurker in Eastleigh and me down the road Hedge End.

If you see a Milano Red Type S GT, (with Type R Grill), 18" Blades, driver wearing a chessey grin as he drives, likely to be me.

Hey there,

I will keep my eye out. Hope you are ok. Glad to see there are some like minded car fans in hants.

Al

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Thanks for this,

Unfortunately as its a 'car ownership scheme' i don't think I am allowed to install any after market extras unless i purchase outright. As long as the honda co-ax make an improvement......

What really annoys me is that reading the forum, the iPod kit is really limited in its use! Thats a real shame as I was looking forward to just setting what I wanted to listen to on the ipod and listen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Hi Lurker

sorry for late reply, been away for a few days. My type S gt has only just been ordered and I have no idea where they will be sourcing it from. Looking at some other forums posted in oct last year, there is a suggestion that there is quite a long lead time (20 weeks in one instance), so I am hoping it won't be that long.

Which alloys you looking at?

All the best

Al
Yeah just been away myself. I'm looking at the 18" Storms. I'm a bit concerned about the ride quality though but they looks so good.

I'm still looking for the best deal - it looks like drivethedeal.com has the best price - especially as I'm interested in the PCP deal. I don't think the Honda dealers can/will match the price I've seen there.

Will be looking to place my order next weekend and I agree with your comments about the iPod connector. Shame that it isn't just a UI onto all the iPod tracks. Think I'll still go for it though.

Lurker.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts