2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm currently a 2009 Focus ST3 owner and active member over on FocusSTOC.com. All being well the car will be sold come this Saturday.

For its replacement I'm looking for a Civic Type R, preferably '09 onwards so it had the HID headlights, either a Champ White edition or one with the 19" wheels and sat nav.

I've read about a problem with rust on the doors already so will have a look for this when I look at some. Any other tips on what to look out for would be much appreciated

Cheers, Michael

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Welcome fella, nice to see another north eastener :cool:

The cars are generally bullet proof to be fair and you wont have many if any issues. The Championship White cars are a good buy and have the added benefit of a LSD. Some of the last cars also had the LSD fitted which I would choose over an older car with more options if I were buying again.

I don't know how much your budget is but Springfield Honda in Durham had a brand new Alabaster Silver (Best colour ;)) Type R in the showroom when I was getting my service a couple of weeks a go for 17k :cool:

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome. I'm looking to spend no more that what my Focus sold for so budget is really 11-12.5k. There is what looks to be a cracking Silver one on Autotrader at the minute, '59 GT with under 13k miles for £11k. To be honest though, it's not my first choice of colour!

Does the LSD make much of a difference then? I've never driven a car with it. A few on STOC have them fitted to their cars and say the difference on track is very good. I'll probably never use mine on a track though...

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I'm looking to spend no more that what my Focus sold for so budget is really 11-12.5k. There is what looks to be a cracking Silver one on Autotrader at the minute, '59 GT with under 13k miles for £11k. To be honest though, it's not my first choice of colour!

Does the LSD make much of a difference then? I've never driven a car with it. A few on STOC have them fitted to their cars and say the difference on track is very good. I'll probably never use mine on a track though...
My new "R" has an LSD and Ive got to say it makes a MASSIVE difference! Even turning slowly on normal cornering it tracks so much better. Wet weather performace is staggering! I can drive like its dry pretty much the whole time.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what I really need is a Champ White one then :cool:

A newer than '59 car would be out of my price range, I could stretch to a White though...

What are they selling like at the moment? I've had to practically give my excellent condition ST away as there was just no interest. I let it go for that same figure I would have got from a dealer trading it in! The first person to look at it bought it. Reason I ask is I'll know whether people are having the same issues I was and having to go down on price to even get someone look at it.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
My new "R" has an LSD and Ive got to say it makes a MASSIVE difference! Even turning slowly on normal cornering it tracks so much better. Wet weather performace is staggering! I can drive like its dry pretty much the whole time.
What he said :D

So what I really need is a Champ White one then :cool:

A newer than '59 car would be out of my price range, I could stretch to a White though...

What are they selling like at the moment? I've had to practically give my excellent condition ST away as there was just no interest. I let it go for that same figure I would have got from a dealer trading it in! The first person to look at it bought it. Reason I ask is I'll know whether people are having the same issues I was and having to go down on price to even get someone look at it.
The prices have taken a bit of a tumble lately so there are bargains to be had, especially on private sales :cool:

I wish I had of waited 18 months before buying :(

Oh and Alabaster Silver looks great in the metal :)

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to take my time in buying, I have the use of the other halfs new Juke or old Fiesta at the minute. Once I buy a replacemement for the Focus we will sell the Fiesta.

Makes it nice and easy for me to find the right one!

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I'm sure you'll find the right one ;)

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
:DWelcome Mick, there a great car, take a little while to get use to the driving style of the car , if you want it to perform you will have to keep in in the power band with lots of gear changes... its a real drivers car!!!:D

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Welcome along mate! Why the change of car? Im sure you wont regret it!

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the welcomes guys.

I know what they are like, I've had a go in one and my dad had an early '02 EP3 back when they came out. Can't wait to have to 'work' the car to get the best out of it.

I had the Focus modded to around 270bhp with a full turbo back exhaust with 100cpi sports cat, remap and 'ahem' K&N panel filter, not that they do a great deal. The Type R is never going to be as fast as what I had as I won't be spending mega bucks on it. It will be nice having to work it though and for the sort of mileage I do (15 miles per day) it will be ideal:)

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm just a bit bored to be honest, it doesn't take long lol I had a mk2 Leon FR before the Focus and had the same problem, got the itch and had to change!

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, that is some spec! It sounds like an insurance nightmare though lol. I'd rather buy a standard example I think, I'm a bit funny with buying modified cars. I also need the HID headlights :cool: I couldn't go back to candles as headlights

1 - 20 of 23 Posts