2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

This is is my first thread on the forum and I wanted to do a introduction post first but after a week of having my new civic I have started to notice a few problems, and I am hoping some of you can shed some light on these.

1 - Should the wing mirrors electronically fold on this model? If so they certainly don't.

2- After washing my car at the weekend and after some heavy rain the following day, I had problems starting the car. It would turn over but not fire for several minutes. Is this a common fault? Fuse/relay getting wet?

3- Underneath the stereo in the grey storage compartment there is a wire/plug that has been drilled through and left in there, is it likely this is the connector for cd changer that I could connect aux/usb adapter to?

4 - Sticky blind on panoramic roof, the front blind gets stuck until you touch it, then it snaps back into place.

The car looks great for it's age and I am genuinely pleased with it, but these small problems let it down, especially if every time it rains I cant start the car.

Thanks for taking the time to read the post

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo:

All specs are in the Wiki http://www.civinfo.com/wiki/index.php?title=Civic_-_Type_S - the Type S didn't have power mirrors.

Not starting quickly is unusual, when was it last serviced? Were genuine Honda filters (air and fuel) used? - these engine are quite fickle. Did you wait for the glow plug light to go out/before cranking? Are any error codes shown? (e.g. if you have an OBD reader and an app like Torque).

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
My wing mirrors on my Type S GT fold electronically. You have to push a button above the window switches, but they fold themselves. Plenty of threads on them and there's a member who repairs the component that is the common cause of the issue.

The blinds issue is common. Have a search. I took mine in for a honda garage to check it over. They broke it completely while investigating and it was an £800 fix. Which they only partly covered. If they had told me that before breaking it, i would have left it as it was!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to :civinfo:

All specs are in the Wiki Civic - Type S - Civinfo Wiki - the Type S didn't have power mirrors.

Not starting quickly is unusual, when was it last serviced? Were genuine Honda filters (air and fuel) used? - these engine are quite fickle. Did you wait for the glow plug light to go out/before cranking? Are any error codes shown? (e.g. if you have an OBD reader and an app like Torque).
Type S Gt according to that link should have power folding mirrors.

Last serviced last week when purchased at 77k, full service history, 60% honda dealers, but not on recent service.

Yep glow plug light off, no error codes or anything unusual.

What is the torque app?

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks purekillforce, I know the switch and will have a closer look to see what is going on with them.

Just read a few threads regarding the blind, it's not a massive issue and prob not worth the risk of an expensive damage repair bill.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
The Torque app is an app for Android devices that connects via a bluetooth or wireless OBD2 reader for the car. Both will need to be purchased, but it allows much more detailed diagnostics of the car.

The folding mirrors on the Honda Civic are crap, and are guaranteed to stop folding (IMO it's a matter of when, rather than if). Some users have also found that second hand vehicles have had smashed mirrors replaced by non-folding ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts