2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'll be picking up my first Civic tommoro if everything goes as I expect.

I don't know the technical code of the car but its a 2003 Civic coupe 1.7 Vtec.

The car has 61k miles on the clock with recorded service history upto 45k miles so I'll have the serivice done very soon. Now I've not bought a car at this much mileage before but I know that japanese cars are very reliable but I've made a big mistake that I forgot to ask the dealer if the cambelt has been changed as I only realised while reading one of the post.

Another thing is that I've not test driven the car yet but before signing the doted line I'll do that for sure, but again I need to know what exactly I'm looking at ?. what are the common problem in this version of civc at this mileage.

Any help asap would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
Never buy anything you haven't test driven and had a good look around the only cars you could do that with are brand new motors even then I'd check everything still. And you haven't handed money over yet so doted line will mean sweet FA if your not happy with it?

How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never buy anything you haven't test driven and had a good look around the only cars you could do that with are brand new motors even then I'd check everything still. And you haven't handed money over yet so doted line will mean sweet FA if your not happy with it?

How much was it if you don't mind me asking?
You're right in saying never buy a car without test driving and I'll test drive it before handing over the £££.

I've looked closely and everything seems fine.

The car was on for £1995 and as I was down grading and got a decent part exchange for my car so forgot few things to ask.

Anyway, as per my original question, what mileage does the cambelt need changing as far as I have checked on the internet its around 70k miles or 8year, so I believe it should have been changed by now.

Apart from that what should I be checking while test driving it ?

How much the cambelt costs including parts and labour ?

Thanks for you help, much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts