2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, been using this forum for quite some time, been assembling as much information as I can before making a purchase of an FN2 shortly.

I will start by saying thanks, its been a wealth of information and has helped me to avoid many pitfalls!

However, following a test drive on monday I have a handful of questions...

The model in question was an 09 plate, and did have headlight washers. However, i dont think it had HIDs? The headlights appeared to be just normal brightness when turned on, not like I was expecting. Perhaps I was expecting to much?

Also, the model did not have an Ipod lead in the armrest. I thought this would be standard, providing it was 09 onward?

All help greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Like you I thought that if you had HIDs then you should have the USB :confused:

The only thing I can think is that 09 plates are when the transition took place between them having HIDs and USB so perhaps you just got the lights!

Mine is a '59 plate and has both but I have to say I think the lights are pants for HIDs, they were much better on my ST. You will be able to tell if you definately have HIDs by turning them on whilst parked facing a garage door / wall, when first lit they will have a blue tinge that will go whiter and brighter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was expecting, but it seemed that they had the standard yellowish tint of ordinary headlights. Definitely have the washers though?...

That aside, the drive was absolutely superb.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm ok. I checked in there and there wasnt anything obvious. And as for the HIDs, any idea why it should have washers, and just normal seeming headlights? Unless it was just blanking plates in front of where the washers would be?

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
Welcome to the site Stucoupe :)

Despite your car being registered in 2009, have you checked the VIN to see when it was manufactured? For example; your car could of been made in late 2008, registered 2009 and has since had a replacement bumper from a later model. I'm just clutching at straws here :laugh:

Have you checked to make sure the washers actually come out and spray the headlights?

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
From reading this here im not sure the one your looking at is the 2009 model... i believe every type r has the little squares under the headlights that make it look like it should have headlamp washers.. like above i would check to see if they do actually pop out, but everything said so far leads me to think its the 2008 jut registered with the 09 plate :)

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
From reading this here im not sure the one your looking at is the 2009 model... i believe every type r has the little squares under the headlights that make it look like it should have headlamp washers.. like above i would check to see if they do actually pop out, but everything said so far leads me to think its the 2008 jut registered with the 09 plate :)
I forgot about them small blanking covers on the bumper, where you'll find a threaded hole on the passenger side for the towing eye.

If you have the washers, then there'll actually be 4 covers on the bumper; 2 that sit flush and 2 that appear to sit on top of the bumper.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right! It all makes sense now. The model I saw had only 2 such panels, and so it's a 2008 model. Thanks all for prompt and useful replies!

I'll keep you all posted with updates on when I get one!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts