2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Looks a bit like an alfa from the front. It's the bonnet I think.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Hasn't MG died yet?

One of the last british autos and it is as stubborn as a roach.
It did, about 8 years ago or so? Then Korea or Taiwan or some other Asian country bought them and started up shop again lol.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One word: Depreciation
12 months time it will be worth less than half its original cost
Keep away IMO
True enough, the MG6 has dropped like a stone.

There is a flip side to that though, it makes for a very cheap 3 year old.

The MG6 is supposed to be a real driver's car...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know if this is damning it with faint praise, but it looks to me like a slighty better looking new shape Auris.

I'd like to have a go in the new MG6 diesel tho - Honest John review is very good.

Until this MG5 gets the 1.5 Turbo diesel, I don't see how it can compete with the *fully* UK assembled 9G Civic...

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
If you dont like the look of the rear of the civic (lights etc) then dont by this car.

Reason??

Ask Jason Plato - :roflmao:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you dont like the look of the rear of the civic (lights etc) then dont by this car.

Reason??

Ask Jason Plato - :roflmao:

:)

He ran them pretty close though - he came 3rd in the championship didn't he?

Not bad for a car new setup.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
:)

He ran them pretty close though - he came 3rd in the championship didn't he?

Not bad for a car new setup.
You say that but so were the 4 9th gen civics in the championship. All new from the season start.

Maybe that's why the others were in front though, because they didn't want to look at the lights from behind. :)
You get it wrong, most of the time, the civics were at the front with everyone else behind them. Last race of the season at Brands with a formation finish, 3 of the 4 9th gens across the line together.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You say that but so were the 4 9th gen civics in the championship. All new from the season start.

True, but it wasn't just the car that was new, the team running the car hadn't done the BTCC for quite a while - so narrowly missing out on 2nd in the champ at the final race ( and a decent amount of wins in the season) was a pretty good effort.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts