2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a repair done a few months back to 3 small scrapes on the passenger side of rear upper bumper where i ran it along a lampost (doh ) . Its a 58 plate Milano CTR.

I wont say where it was repaired, but Colour match was bad, so took it back and they had another go, its better, but to me its still obvious, perhaps because i know its there.

It looks a bit pink in certain lights. In sunlight when freshly washed etc its harder to see, but as the light drops a bit or its a bit dirty it shows.

Realize it might never be exact but still not overly happy, i know there's going to be a difference from plastic to metal and i can see a very slight difference if i really stare at the drivers side where its not been repaired.

A local bodyshop that's been recommended said they'd probably be able to get it closer but cant guarantee it exact, suggested around £200.

A new bumper is about £230 i think.

Am considering it might be a better move and i can sell the old one and probably end up paying about the same as i would for a respray, but am i playing with fire on colour matches on a new bumper as well, or ought it to be pretty close ?

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Had a repair done a few months back to 3 small scrapes on the passenger side of rear upper bumper where i ran it along a lampost (doh ) . Its a 58 plate Milano CTR.

I wont say where it was repaired, but Colour match was bad, so took it back and they had another go, its better, but to me its still obvious, perhaps because i know its there.

It looks a bit pink in certain lights. In sunlight when freshly washed etc its harder to see, but as the light drops a bit or its a bit dirty it shows.

Realize it might never be exact but still not overly happy, i know there's going to be a difference from plastic to metal and i can see a very slight difference if i really stare at the drivers side where its not been repaired.

A local bodyshop that's been recommended said they'd probably be able to get it closer but cant guarantee it exact, suggested around £200.

A new bumper is about £230 i think.

Am considering it might be a better move and i can sell the old one and probably end up paying about the same as i would for a respray, but am i playing with fire on colour matches on a new bumper as well, or ought it to be pretty close ?
Front Bumper - Painted

New bumper painted is £139 here

1 - 7 of 7 Posts