2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my mum took delivery of a NHB type r gt on wednesday - which I'm not too impressed with for a whole host of reasons but I have notice something that strikes me as quite odd. . .

. . .the little black box (which I assume is full of electronics) that is attached to the windscreen underneath the rear view mirror, is in a different place to mine.

It is shifted to the left by about 5cm and so is no longer stuck over the black painted bit of the glass that it normally is - (having trouble explaining this lol)

Any ideas why this may be?

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
is yours a GT? sounds like the rain sensor, but should be fairly central or at least mine is, you won't have this if yours is a non-gt.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they are both GT's, I haven't go pictures unfortunately, but imagine where it should be, and then think of it shifted to the left buy roughly 5cm - rather odd!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no its just a standard GT model - no doubt the dealer has had something to do with it! they fitted mud flaps (which I personaly instructed them not to do) and the actual car (although only bought brand new on wednesday) Is number R16*** and mine is 17*** despite me getting mine at the beginning of September which is annoying!

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Probably been sitting in stock a while, there is no harm posting the serial number by the way. :)

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
no its just a standard GT model - no doubt the dealer has had something to do with it! they fitted mud flaps (which I personaly instructed them not to do) and the actual car (although only bought brand new on wednesday) Is number R16*** and mine is 17*** despite me getting mine at the beginning of September which is annoying!
The R numbers are not fitted in sequence.

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
and the actual car (although only bought brand new on wednesday) Is number R16*** and mine is 17*** despite me getting mine at the beginning of September which is annoying!
There is a certain randomness with the allocation of the R number.
I would not worry about it.

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
true..why is that?
the r-numbers are crazy... you get them in the thousands..does that mean that theyve made thousands?

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts

·
My sticker's crooked
472 Posts
ahh right - I just couldnt remember them off the top off my head!
You don't know your Type R's number by heart? :popcorn:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts