2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
I really like the idea of a hybrid 4wd, I would like to see exactly how they have implemented it. It must be a small system to keep the weight down..

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I really like the idea of a hybrid 4wd, I would like to see exactly how they have implemented it. It must be a small system to keep the weight down..
On hybrids its often not like a conventional 4 wheel drive system.

Its the electric motors directly driving the wheels that gives the extra 2 wheels drive not a separate drive train.

They may of course use both, but the only other 4 wheel drive hybrid I'm aware of is the Jaguar Sports Prototype and I understand that uses the electric motors to drive the extra wheels directly.

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
what a poor comment on the r8 re having to drive one to realise how 'good it is'

the r8 is nothing special.

1) a tuned TTRS wipes the floor with an r8 (and im talking stage 1 revo -see youtube)
(as some of you know I had a deposit for the TTRS and am well researched in that area)
2) a BMW m3 (which i consider a fairly bog standard fast saloon) has the same hp and is as fast if not faster..
3) ive driven both New 11 plate M3 and R8 V8, as my uncles own both...
4) my dad had a GTR and that absolutely destroyed the r8 at every level

The r8 V10 however is a different kettle of fish..

and to the thread starter...

GREAT FIND. I think that new NSX looks fantastic.. and it will definitely be on my watch list! thanks

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
the last NSX was superb... Although I was very young when I was a passenger in it, my uncle Argy spoke very highly of it, and still does to this day... his car line up in order of possession -honda nsx, (sold for porsche turbo with sequential gear box) Lamborghini diablo (sold for audi r8)...audi r8 (sold for mclaren mp4-12c) -- yet to arrive and currently pootling around in a bentley continental... yes...he is a very fortunate man.. and one of the reasons why my dad and I also have the urge to catch him up!

·
Boooooooooooooooooooooom
278 Posts
what a poor comment on the r8 re having to drive one to realise how 'good it is'

the r8 is nothing special' I would have to disagree with this comment I'm not a big Audi fan but they are Amazing to drive.

1) a tuned TTRS wipes the floor with an r8 (and im talking stage 1 revo -see youtube)
(as some of you know I had a deposit for the TTRS and am well researched in that area)

So you are comparing a Standard car to a Modified car? I wouldn't say it would wipe the floor with a R8 not even with a V8 R8, TTRS are a nice car but they aren't amazingly fast yes on a country road they are but mose cars with a good driver behind the wheel will also be quick on country roads but on open straights TTRS VS V8 R8= R8 would win hands downs every time.

2) a BMW m3 (which i consider a fairly bog standard fast saloon) has the same
hp and is as fast if not faster..

Top Gear Lap Time
Audi R8 1.24.4
M3 Saloon 1.25.3 - Slower than a R8 V8?

BMW 1M has a lot less power than a M3 Saloon and is still faster round the track 1.25.0

4) my dad had a GTR and that absolutely destroyed the r8 at every level

The R8 and the GTR are both amazing cars but you can't compare them just because they are both fast doesn't mean they are in the same category, if you were going to compare a R8 with a GTR it would have to be the R8 GT and that vs GTR round a track would be very close.

The r8 V10 however is a different kettle of fish..

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
1- amazing to drive certainly depends what you have driven in the past. I have driven both, and many other top spec motors
2- i mention TTRS because it is half the price of a new v8 r8- and the ttrs on the tt forum have been getting sub 12 second quarter miles - jonnyCs car with milltek tbh/panel filter and revo stage 2 had 450hp... for around £4500 all in... and destroyed everything at inters
3- the m3 is another bargain saloon car...and yes if you rate the top gear test track to be a valid test then great.. but im not talking about nano seconds... im saying bang for buck... the r8 isnt great.
4- why compare the r8 gt? with the GTR..
the GTR is another example of something more incredible that money can buy..
the r8 GT is almost double the price of the GTR from what I can recollect.

I concede the r8 is a lovely car, nice v8 noise, good german quality, good to look at...
what I am saying is, its not that amazing. I would never buy a new one, i would price is as a 55-60k car..never the 80 odd thousand pounds audi asked for it.
im 22, going on 23... ive driven these cars already...very lucky and thankful for it... but you need to drive the other cars out there to realise that.

this isnt a dig or an argument or anything like that, im speaking from numerous experiences with the cars... BMW M3, GTR AND R8.

I have been round the nurburgring in all 3 cars...and have been on family drives with them all, in real life situations, not 'driving day experiences etc'... im talking cat and fiddle...kirkstone pass in the lake district..places like that...

if you want me to be brutally honest, i dont even think the m3 is that great... but whilst my uncles are kind enough to let me have those experiences, i will take them with both hands gladly..

i have no experience of the 1M.. but as I Love AWD and the tuning potential of the TTRS i would always pick this over the 1M... especially with the new s-tronic available on the later cars.

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
may i refer you to a tuned ttrs and tuned r8 battle - both tuned by the same company... and a straight line

may I also refer you to my friend JonnyCs TTRS..
0-60 with no custom mods - 3.25 seconds (and this is the manual spec
quarter mile -11.65 seconds

finally -the ultimate showdown of all cars... 12 car drag race with the beloved GTR, FERRARI 458 AND R8 GT WHICH YOU MENTION.. and all the times they finish the drag race in

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.