2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....... what do you think the risks are for displaying my UK registration plates as german ones? :)

£15 a set. Look much nicer than the UK ones ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
Not sure if the rules have changed, but a few years back I knew someone with a Lancer EVO - It was registered in Dubai, and the number plate was just dots, squiggles and swirls - lol :)

- Funny he never got a speeding or parking ticket - How the heck would a traffic warden write it down, never mind trace it, and then when it was traced it would be back to dubai.

·
Registered
211 Posts
There was a lad from the ffoc who wanted to do this cos they look great and I seem to remember they are metal too!

Think after much discussion it was decided that they are about as legal as making your own out of sticky back plastic and cornflakes box!!

J :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of course they are illegal, but I just wondered what might happen if caught.

Basically I reckon you'd be ok for the most part, driving around on them. But I bet if you got caught on camera, and they looked the plate up on german systems, and couldnt find it, tried the UK one, you'd be done for perverting the course of justice :)

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jme1978 said:
You'd be pulled by every bored policeman too!! :lol:

J :D
Why, though? Unless they had knowledge of the german number plate system, how'd they recognise it as a UK plate?

OK the car isn't a left hooker, but still..

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
I reckon without the D bit you can say that you're not fobbing it off as a German plate.

They might be a bit suspicious with a German plate on a right hand drive car.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
The way the laws work at the moment, you'd probably get life or transported. It's only if you drive without a licence or insurance, and kill someone that you'll be o.k Does that sound political ?. 8)

·
Registered
211 Posts
basegreen said:
jme1978 said:
You'd be pulled by every bored policeman too!! :lol:

Why, though? Unless they had knowledge of the german number plate system, how'd they recognise it as a UK plate?

OK the car isn't a left hooker, but still..
As above and the format with the badges in the middle is wrong for a start plus its not a standard plate, letters etc etc which is an MOT fail and therefore means your car isn't road worthy. Easy for the local bobby to slap you with a fine!!

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Obviously for MOT it'd have the standard plates on.

There's no police round these parts anyway.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Has anyone tried "Photoblocker" on their plates ?. :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts