2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum and new to honda's but so far absolutely love it. I have only covered 81 miles in my car though. My reason for starting this thread is to help other buyers. As part of my deal I paid the dealer for the optional reverse sensors. As most would, I assumed that a dealer as part of the deal would have to use Honda parts. Apparently not. I have just found out that I have had some aftermarket cheapies fitted. Please please make sure you know what you are paying for!! I am in discussions with the dealer to sort out the issue.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
I got mine painted for nothing when the dealer fitted cheap ones without me knowing..... Go get em' mate, if you didn't know I'd say that was naughty.

Tom

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the support, These are already painted but don't match. I can understand that this may be an option if you dont want to spend much and have it done later but i agree it is naughty for a dealer to substitute OEM parts with pattern parts. I am going to see what happens and enjoy the car anyway.

·
Registered
376 Posts
How can I tell the difference between original and painted ones?

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
I think original Honda OEM ones are flush to the car bumper, third party ones arn't

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/buying...-great-parking-sensor-rip-off.html#post116645

Like Kremmen said - ooooohhhh I need to speed up
NoNumpty you could be right about them OEM sensors being flush, however, the offical Civic PDF seems to show non flush sensors in the photos, I could be wrong though. :popcorn:

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/_assets/downloads/civic5door/Civic.pdf

page 16 of the PDF

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
How can I tell the difference between original and painted ones?
I have the Honda OEMs on mine in Milano Red. This is how they look.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
you can just about see mine. They are aftermarket sensors fitted when i bought car the sensors are smaller and the speaker in side is also smaller..

they are form a company called steel mate (parking assist system)

just make sure when fitting they are fitted in right area as when the guy that fitted mine drilled in wrong place and had to supply and fit new bumper. if he had looked on back honda mark the bumper for you to make it easy when drilling.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts