2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 08 plate Civic Type R, the guy who sold me it recomended this place, so here i am.

Must say, i already love it! (the Car & the Forum) - of particular use already has been the Parrot Bluetooth installation description.

I'm intertesed in modding my Civic to increase power, have a reasonable dispoal income to blow each month - but, have no idea where to start, so any advice on what's hot, and whats not would be great.

Can you fit NOS to these bad boys?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Hi and welcome along.

The forum will help you blow that cash, have no fear :)

You can get NOS fitted, wizzard of nos do some good bits. There is a guy on here who had one I think (Eric?)

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Welcome mate.

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
hello & welcome :)

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Hi & Welcome to the club!!!

If your planning on increasing performance I'd go, in this particular order;

- Induction Kit, HKS RSK with headsheild
- Full Exhaust System from cat
- Manifold, although depends which route you want to go
- Flashpro with customer map

The above should get you in the region of 220 - 230 bhp.

Then After you've done the above, Eibachs/Tien S springs. If you've got the 18" alloys you'll get away with 30mm drop. If you've got 19" I'd recomend 15mm Front 20mm Rear. Then get a fast road setup sorted.

If you've got lots of money to spend (not burn), then go the charger route. You'll easily get over 300bhp with a Rotex.

You could spend loads but you'll have to decide what route you want to go down.

·
Registered
307 Posts
hello and enjoy...

there's a surprising amount of tuning options for a N/A car...plenty of choice and plenty of opinions on here as well.

it would appear that a fast road set up, eibach springs, hks intake and a hondata flashpro would be the place to start...thats my intentions anyway...(although i enjoy the car stock so i'm in no rush) :D

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
hello & welcome if you dont fancy the tubo from tdi ? get a supercharger from tdi bolted on :) instant power ;)

·
ex CW FN2 owner
595 Posts
Hi and welcome hope your new motor doesn't burn to much of a hole in your pocket ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts