2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Apologies for asking what I know should be the sort of question I should be answering myself through a bit of research, but having had a hunt around, and seeing there is some talk that the Alarm is prone to faults, I figured I'd just lay my ignorance out for all to see, and ask.

So I picked up my 06 EX yesterday, and very happy I am with it :) But I've never owned a car with any sort of alarm before, and am struggling to work out if it's actually doing anything. Read the manual, which says how to arm it, but doesn't really explain what would trigger it.

So if I press the lock button on the remote once, it locks the car, with no alarm, right?

Press it a second time, within 5 secs of the first press, it activates the dead locks and primes the alarm, right?

Assuming I'm right about the above, what should actually set the alarm off? I've got a few more questions on the topic, but might be best if I get that all clear in my head, with help from you guys, first.

ta very much!

·
Registered
479 Posts
I think just pressing the key fob once will set the alarm. You won't need to press it twice.

In regards to what should set it off, I've managed to set mine off in two different ways both by accident.

Firstly, pressure washer on the boot set it off weirdly.

Secondly was locking the car from inside with the keyfob and moving in the car.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Not sure what your EX is equipped with, but my CAT1 alarm is: press lock on keyfob once - alarm armed (inside and out). Press twice - deadlocked.

To lock it so outside is armed but inside isn't (for dogs or children etc.) you hold the drivers door handle in, push the lock button on the inside of your door to lock and close the door while still holding the handle in.

·
Registered
479 Posts
To lock it so outside is armed but inside isn't (for dogs or children etc.) you hold the drivers door handle in, push the lock button on the inside of your door to lock and close the door while still holding the handle in.
Or if you're inside the car, just flick the lock button on the inside of the door. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's how the dealer explained it to me, two presses for the 'super locking'.

If however, i super lock it, with the window open, and lean in, nothing happens, I was of the understanding the ultrasonic sensors would have been triggered and then the alarm?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Or if you're inside the car, just flick the lock button on the inside of the door. :)
Haven't got my dogs that well trained yet [smilie=giggle.gif]

If however, i super lock it, with the window open, and lean in, nothing happens, I was of the understanding the ultrasonic sensors would have been triggered and then the alarm?
It should go off, mine started up the other day when I'd left the driver's window open just a couple of cms.

Maybe check it using this guide, or take it back to the dealers for them to check.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

1st press = lock and alarm armed
2nd press = dead lock activated

you need to wait 30 seconds or so before you stick your head through the window, the LED on the dash will flash every second when it's armed.

Also, arm the alarm with the key fob wait 30 seconds then unlock with the key and the alarm should sound - you may need to turn up your hearing aid to hear it though - it's very quite :popcorn:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1st press = lock and alarm armed
2nd press = dead lock activated

Also, arm the alarm with the key fob wait 30 seconds then unlock with the key and the alarm should sound - you may need to turn up your hearing aid to hear it though - it's very quite :popcorn:
Yeah that does happen, but to be honest, what's the point? Why does that particular set of events set the alarm off? I don't see how it protects the car from theft?:confused:

·
Premium Member
700 Posts

Make sure you have set the alarm for 30seconds.

There is a thread about alarm issues. If its not working correctly take it back to the stealers. Mine was playing up, but this was traced back to the ECU recall that was causing flat batteries.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
No I believe only certain models come with interior and exterior alarm protection, some models only come with exterior (i.e door opened)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts