2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new Type-R owner, and may I say what a pleasure. Bought a Red 2008 CTR today and it exceeded my expectations with how fast they are! Few little things with it though;

1. Gear gaitor is worn, are ebay replacements recommended?

2. Alloys are curbed, but would really like to paint them white as I've seen someone in my local area that had done it and it looks very smart. Any ideas how they would spray them white and replace the decal? Any how much you reckon per corner?

Thanks for the help!

·
World Traveller
1,814 Posts
Welcome mate ;)

eBay is fine for gaitors, I think some people have Audi TT ones, and what wheels do you have OEM or Rages?

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate, sorry got OEM spec ones

Welcome mate ;)

eBay is fine for gaitors, I think some people have Audi TT ones, and what wheels do you have OEM or Rages?

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Honda gear gaiters are £50 an will peel again.

I have a leather one off eBay, cost me £15 and is super soft and looks much better where it's more plump. Fills the area much nicer IMO.

For alloys do your research on local places, looking at £50 - £60 a wheel these days.

You can get decals off the group buy section on here :)

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would that be to change them to white? Sounds reasonable to me, what colour are the CW alloys...CW? :D

Honda gear gaiters are £50 an will peel again.

I have a leather one off eBay, cost me £15 and is super soft and looks much better where it's more plump. Fills the area much nicer IMO.

For alloys do your research on local places, looking at £50 - £60 a wheel these days.

You can get decals off the group buy section on here :)

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Would that be to change them to white? Sounds reasonable to me, what colour are the CW alloys...CW? :D
Yes, any standard colour I would say. Anything special will cost more.

Yes they are CW but depending where you get them painted they may not use actual Honda paint. If your going to A Honda place it will most likely be more but I'm not an expert on it.

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
Hello and welcome matey....

·
Jedi Knight
610 Posts
Welcome buddy

·
Registered
245 Posts
i'm also looking to replace the gaiter and have read on here about the tt ones, can anyone point me to the correct seller on ebay? and how easy are they to change?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts