2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have just got my first type r. It is a black 2008 type r gt with 19" rage alloys. I am really pleased with the car and it is pretty much spotless as I sent it straight to the body shop for 4 dunlop sport maxx tyres, got the wheels refurbed, bonnet painted and little dents removed. I got it back this weekend and must say I love it. What I have noticed is that the speakers and current sound system is not very good. I want to keep the head unit standard but was wondering if anyone had any ideas iro replacing the front and rear speakers, tweeters and adding a small sub and amp. I took it to my local stereo place on Saturday and they quoted £449.99 for pioneer speakers and a JL sub and amp including vat and installation. Is this good value and does anyone have any recommendations? Don't want to feel like I have been ripped off.

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Hi mate and welcome :) if you search the "how to" section you will find a common upgrade tutorial of fitting infinity components in place of the front speakers, it's a good upgrade and relatively easy and inexpensive, I'd start with that first.

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
Hello and welcome, Can't help you with the speakers personally because mine are still std but I was going to get the factory upgrade ones eventually and their not as expensive as the ones your after.

But I'm not to bothered in blasting my eardrums out. ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
I bought a JL audio slim line sub bud, thats about £200. Its so slim that its fit in the false floor so its all hidden.

What amp did you go for?

The hardest bit is getting the power cable into the engine bay, but I can talk you through it and tell you where the said grommet is if required.

Are you planning to amp the front speakers too?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello, it is a JL Audio prestige 10" component package with just the front two speakers changed to pioneer 17cm component custom fit speakers. I shall update picture of the new car at the weekend once it had been washed and waxed. I am so pleased with it. My previous car was a mk1 golf gti cabrio but I love this so much more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does anyone have any suggestions at any subtle mods that make the car better, ie air filters. What about getting it re-mapped? Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
Hello and welcome matey....

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Does anyone have any suggestions at any subtle mods that make the car better, ie air filters. What about getting it re-mapped? Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Upgrade the bulbs, but I would say that :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts