2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
ive just had a quick look through to see if anyone has had this problem before but i think this may be a new one!!!
on Friday went to use the car to find the battery dead, so took it out and recharged it, placed it back in the next day, turned the car on nd as soon as the electrics light up then i get hazard warning lights light up on my car, but these are not the normal hazard lights they are blinking much faster, and will turn off for about 15 secs then turn back on again, i am also unable to use remote locking and my sat nav and radio screens are not working but windows are and i can control the air con using the buttons without the screen!

Anyone got any ideas before i take it to the mechanic?

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
sounds like your battery is shagged mate, also check the earth points, i'd recommend buying one the earthing kits off here the solve a lot of electrical drain issues :) i got reduced sound when the engine was running before then would go loud as hell when i cut the car out, now the earth kit is fitted its loud all the time :D

·
Tarmacadam Terror
5,666 Posts
Doesn't mean the battery's not on it's way out

Sent from the NecronomiPhon

·
Registered
94 Posts
Possibly also an alternator issue, had a similar problem with my other half's car and after a new alternator all issues went away.. although of course I'd try a new battery first

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took it to the garage to be looked at, apparently they spent ages looking round the car and couldn't find anything wrong, they went to lunch and came back and they found it was lose wiring on the fuse-box! now £80 less off

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
£80 is better than a broke car or a huge bill for a new alternator and labour to fit it lol, i'd consider it a problem solved for money that isn't going to break anyones bank :D glad you sorted it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts