2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

1st post.

Just purchased a FN2 type R. 2008 but registered June 2007. It has 28000 Miles on the clock. I've purchased the car from a Honda dealer with 12 months warranty. Now after reading on here I realized during the test drive that dropping into 3rd gear from 4th was a bit "sticky" on a few occasions.

Would this be the Syncro recall problem ? I haven't got the car yet, its still at the dealers. I have paid in full for it. Already emailed the Honda dealer to clarify, but it is Xmas Eve, do you guys know if they will check/fix this problem now I've highlighted it ?

It also seems to have a K+N air filter and housing (not sure if its OEM housing ?) Is there a need for a remap with this filter/intake or can I tell if its had a remap ? Ivtec kicks in about 5400rpm.

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks

Rodders

·
Registered
551 Posts
Congrats mate and decent mileage too! Seeing as you are buying from a dealer that will or should be sorted before picking it up. From my understanding that issue was only with 2007 vehicles

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Merry Christmas guys !

I can pick "Her," up after the new year, she gets a service and MOT, but being Christmas and New Year Its going to take a bit longer than usual (short staffed hols).

3rd gear was a bit rough dropping down from 4th.

Spent 3 months looking for a low mileage FN2 , missed out on a couple of Red 2010 and a 2011 by hours. This one still had the lowest mileage and in Crystal Black (is this possible on a 2007 ?).

Its done about 3.5K a year on average. FHSH, Its even had valve timing/clearances done at 11,000 and 18,000 miles. I read on here that some people haven't had that done even at 85,000.

No history/stamps on transmission though.

Got a private plate thrown in also as the previous customer said he would feel sick looking at the plate, which would remind him of the car.

Car was advertised as 2008.

Apart from that gear, this has been the best one I've seen out of about 10 cars ! Some of the 40,000 mileages I had seen had not been looked after, shame such a beautiful car should be cherished.

Have to say after that last test drive (in the middle of storm Barbara) I knew I had to have this car !

Honda have been great so far, no sale rubbish or other patter that I've had at some places. Was a bit wary with this being a main dealer, but they have been quality on customer service so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts