2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, new owner from cambridgeshire

I finally reached that point in life where you want that bit of extra power in your motor and spent a while looking round at the second hand hot hatch market. After a few weeks I finally settled on the Type-R, having been a passenger in a work colleagues Type-R sealed the deal for me. The main factors were the naturally aspirated vtec engine (What turbo lag?), the driving style which incorporates this & the unique styling of the car itself, the cabin is such a stimulating environment to be in, my last few cars just felt dull & empty. Even in 2012 there are so few cars out there that remain to stand out as much as the 8th gen civic (Enhanced by the colour coded trim!).

The car in question is a nighthawk black 57 reg GT at 68,000 miles. it had it's 5th service @ 60k however the dealer was very generous and offered the 6th service, 6 months tax & a full valet as part of the deal. Only things I really noticed were a few paint chips & dinks on the bonnet & doors however i'm aware that the 8th gen civic paint is a weak point and gets damaged easily but not enough for me to make an issue out of, the gear gator & knob were slightly worn (Anyone else found this on the earlier cars?) however I plan on buying replacements for these. Aside from that the interior was in great condition and all 4 alloys uncurbed which really gave me the impression that the car had been looked after relatively well.

Gotta wait until Thursday before I can pick it up but man am I looking forward to it! After lurking around for a while browsing at pricing & different service/fault factors, now i'm an owner i'm looking forward to seeing where the car goes in terms of modding :D

Pictures & thread to be posted in due time.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Welcome to the forum buddy,the gaiter is an issue for a lot of members there is a thread on replacing it I got mine from topgaiters on eBay I'm very happy with and to top it off I went with a skunk2 knob hope this helps mate happy motoring ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336892186.444462.jpg

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the Forum :D

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Reeno.
Welcome.
Great car and great site.
Enjoy both.
Are they still fetching good money?
Cheers for the welcome, over the past 4 or so months I found the price range of independant dealerships for 50-70k 07/57's around the 7k mark which was in my price range, private varies wildly with milage but 08's onward dont go for under 8k at present.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts