2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. So for the past couple of months I’ve noticed a new rattle noise which I initially thought was under the bonnet but my ex thinks it’s from the dash asmy stereo was recently replaced. I kind of agreed and just let my mind wonder thinking it was a cable hitting the inner dash when I went over a bump. But the noise is getting stronger and I have a feeling it’s my front suspension. Maybe a bush or the rubber bit on the spring (I’m no mechanic). The suspension itself Has been making clunking noises for at least 6-8months if not longer especially a very hard clunk when you turn it to full lock. Can anyone shed light on this and also give me rough prices if I need both front suspension arms (if there’s one thing the ex taught me “you don’t just replace one side”) cheers all. FN2 Type R GT, 101k, looked through history can’t find Susp replaced, owned car since 45k, 5 Years ish. 08 plate.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This was on my advisory on the last MOT in November:
Nearside Front Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint dust cover deteriorated, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.4.G.2)
Could that be it (not sure which side is near side.... )

·
4,372 Posts
Near side is passenger side. "Near side" = near the kerb. "Off side" = driver's side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts