2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked the Honda website yesterday for any updates, recalls on the car, to my surprise it told me there was work outstanding and to call my dealer. Just called the dealer, apparantly the bulletin was released last week and is for "windshield mounting replacement" they need it for an hour or so to check the plastic and fittings on the screen and may need to change some parts. I was told it could wait until next service (6000 miles) but if it is important enough for Honda to ask me to call dealer about it, it is important enough to get looked at as soon as possible.

Anyone else heard of this, or checked for recalls lately?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I had the strip above the wind screen on the outside unclipped and reseated this week this is to do with the strip rubbing on the paintwork
Washed my car this morning and thought i would check the windscreen seal, found it has cut a line straight through the paintwork an is starting to rust.:( Went straight down the dealers and showed them, they said it would need to come in and have the windscreen removed and the roof inspected and photo's sent to Honda.:mad: When i asked about there being a recall about this they said there was but not for my model which he said was worrying him and had I been on "That Site",:rolleyes: Yep and got the sticker:) . The car is going in the first week in April to get sorted.:?: :?: :?:

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Thanks for the info.

Just checked myself and mine is up for a recall aswell - not sure what as service is closed now. I checked when I bought her but nothing was showing although I have already booked her in for the fuel filler cap, HFT and boot problems anyway - hoping they will do this one at the same time.

It might be the windscren from the sound of it.

Wondering if I might be given a free replacement gear knob at the same time....;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Could i just advise anyone who has the strip above the windscreen recall.Insist to the dealer that when they remove the 2 side trims running the length of the roof of the car down the wind screen{which they have to do to change the top one]to put new clips on these 2 trims.Because once they have been removed they weaken and these strips do not hold.I had this problem which has now been corrected,but the dealer was not told they had to change the clips by Honda.I only realised when i got the car home that they were loose all the way down,roof to bonnet.

Jan 06 Model

·
Registered
676 Posts
Wich cars are affected with this windscreen problem?
MY07 also? mine was produced about end of january 07.. anybody in this range who had also a recall?

(I could not check mine :()

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Yup, just checked Hondas site and it tells me that my EX has to be looked at. Was serviced a couple of weeks ago and nothing was said about windscreen problem then.
Oh well, another visit and more free coffee....:rolleyes:

(March 06 EX)

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Can I get a free courtesy car for warranty recalls? Or do I need to pay?

I was told it would be £15 when I booked it in a few weeks ago but as the little possums are on hol I don't fancy the chances of the showroom staying as immaculate as Honda would like.....

They may even offer to get rid of us........:(

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have just checked and it says mine has outstanding work to be done and to contact dealer.
Err good advice but mine was in for parking sensors THIS MORNING :mad: so why did they not do or say anything?
Darkside
PS Parking sensors are great :)

1 - 20 of 111 Posts