2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week the repair centre fitted two new passenger side doors to the car after it was in a bang.

Immediately when I drove it away I noticed there was a lot of road noise coming from the passenger side door(s). Initially I thought it was an open window or door but no. It's very noticeable at even 30 mph, especially if it's wet outside.

So far I think I've narrowed it down to around the bottom of the pillar between both doors. It sounds as if it's coming from the back door but I'm still not 100% sure.

The repair estimate has all new seals, sound pad, strips and membrane included in it so I'm gonna assume they fitted all of the above.

From what I can see everything looks fine, the paint job is brilliant but I do remember the guy saying that they had to do a lot of playing around with fitting the doors as there not adjustable ?

It's going back in tomorrow but I have a feeling there going to try and say that they can't find anything.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
if you can get hold of a smoke machine you can set it going in the car with the doors closed
if theres a gap you will soon know

not sure if it works better with the heater fan on full to move the smoke about

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Even a piece of paper or similar and see where it moves around easily and where it gets trapped.

A bit Heath Robinson though.
thats how i learnt to gap-check. strips of newspaper across the seal and see if you can pull it out when the door is shut.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it looks to be a case of adjusting the rear door. They adjusted it today quickly but made it slightly worse so it's going back Friday for a few hours for them to mess around with it more.

·
Super Moderator
21,003 Posts
Is it sitting flush or proud ?

All it probably needs is the striker plate moving in a bit. I think all you need is an allen key.

If you told them and they made it worse then I think I'd have a DIY go.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That gap at the pillar wasn't but is now, however the noise is slightly worse now. The section under the door handle isn't.

I'm just going to leave them to it on Friday. I don't want to be messing with anything incase I void the warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts