2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, always wanted one, finally got one! Based in Stratford on Avon, 52 years old.
Just bought an 07 CTDi Sport 5 door in black, and loving it! Looks like I’ve got the usual niggles, leaking tailgate, CD player doesn’t work, grey wheelarch trims, but what a car!
First day out shopping and the magic rear seats come into their own once the boot is full, “put the rest on the back seat” says my partner, “watch this” says I, voila! It’s like owning a van I swear.
Looking forward to some long journeys as it feels like a great car for mile munching.
Cheers!

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Welcome

Alas the faded wheel arch trim is one of biggest let downs of the 8th gen. Needs some TLC to sort out but will look much better afterwards.

Meanwhile, enjoy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome

Alas the faded wheel arch trim is one of biggest let downs of the 8th gen. Needs some TLC to sort out but will look much better afterwards.

Meanwhile, enjoy
Hi, thanks for the welcome, so what is the best treatment for faded wheel arch trim?

·
4,543 Posts
Wot Farqui said. But for a less permanent job, I have read that a hot air gun 'brings them back' quite a bit. But paint is best.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wot Farqui said. But for a less permanent job, I have read that a hot air gun 'brings them back' quite a bit. But paint is best.
I thought about painting them, but just checking there wasn’t an easier solution, had heard about the heat gun trick, is it worth a go?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts