2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Champ White Type-R GT
2,532 Posts
Well I'm 25 and paying £1200 for the year. But I do have 2 claims so thats what reflects the price too.
I've heard from a few people that Adrian flux are good too for modified car insurance. Will get a quote from them on my renewal.
£1200...
Chuffing hell.....I dont miss being in my 20s I'm £440 for my 9g Type-R :) I once paid £1200 for third party ins on a MK1 fiesta XR2 🤣.

Cars looking good n welcome aboard :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello Ish, You been busy on / With your motor mate, ! You have come along way, from Stock as you Bought it! Mot tester too yeah, So you get to operate on your own motor Nice! Welcome to the forum mate, i am new here really myself, been lerking around for a whilst though!

·
Vendor
117 Posts
Hi there, I'm Ish from the West Midlands.

I've had my civic for just over 2 years now and loving it. It's got just shy of 150k miles on the clock and runs perfect. My first car was a Civic 1.6 ep2 and loved that too but wanted a turbo and bigger engine so moved onto this.

View attachment 324399

Since owning it:

Stage 1 mapped roughly 200BHP
Custom dual exit exhaust
Big Front mounted intercooler (Custom water jets to cool down intercooler)
Cold Air Induction kit
EBC yellow stuff pads with MTec c-hooked discs
Bola B1 bronze 18" wheels
Meyle HD front anti roll bar links
Android Double DIN stereo, Uprated speakers
Tinted windows, lights and Green front fog lights lol
Clutch and Dual Mass Flywheel
Hella horns
Bright LED indicators/ position lights/ numberplate lights/ interior lights

Next I need a big mugen spoiler.
Definitely not lowering as the ride is firm enough and handles well with the 18" Bola B1's running 235/40/18. The bola's also fill the arches really well.
Hopefully I haven't missed anything.
Looks great!

·
Registered
Civic Type S GT 2.2CDTI
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thanks bro I appreciate it. I'm going to wrap the front bumper maybe in December. Im wrapping my dad's roof box at the moment.

Damn, you'll have to let me know how the clutch feels and how much power you make out of the hybrid turbo. I wanted to hybrid turbo mine but it's done 150k miles so didnt want to push it.

How much is that costing you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll be looking forward to seeing how that turns out! I'm currently on 123k miles & she's as sweet as a chip at the moment! i'm hoping to achieve around the 240hp mark, another civic owner with the same turbo has achieved 255hp out of his, i'll be the second owner running the same turbo, it cost me around £950ish, around 1135 euros as I'm getting it from abroad

I've got a set of Eibach lowering springs that are also waiting to go on, just need to find the time off work!

·
Registered
Civic Type S GT 2.2CDTI
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I'll be looking forward to seeing how that turns out! I'm currently on 123k miles & she's as sweet as a chip at the moment! i'm hoping to achieve around the 240hp mark, another civic owner with the same turbo has achieved 255hp out of his, i'll be the second owner running the same turbo, it cost me around £950ish, around 1135 euros as I'm getting it from abroad

I've got a set of Eibach lowering springs that are also waiting to go on, just need to find the time off work!
Thats a decent price. Do you know how much it'll cost to fit the turbo and remap it?
Mine is on a set of Eibach lowering springs too. Love the ride now. Its actually more comfortable than the stock springs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not too sure about fitting Ishy! I'm still looking around searching for cheaper options. I'm looking forward to getting my springs on, the standard springs could be better, how do the eibachs affect the lift from when you floor it? Does the car drive better at higher speeds due to the slightly better aeros?

·
Registered
Civic Type S GT 2.2CDTI
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Not too sure about fitting Ishy! I'm still looking around searching for cheaper options. I'm looking forward to getting my springs on, the standard springs could be better, how do the eibachs affect the lift from when you floor it? Does the car drive better at higher speeds due to the slightly better aeros?
Yeah I was going to say it might not be the cheapest when fitting the turbo and tuning but gotta make sure u take it to someone reputable. Better to pay a bit more to get the tune right.. I'll be honest I haven't noticed much lift when I floor it. And the car does feel a bit better and more stable at high speeds but it was pretty good in that aspect when it was stock too. I'm running 235/40/18 on my Bola's aswell.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i'm currently running 225/45/17s on my stock 17' type s wheels, i can't decide what wheels to go for, given my car is silver, it's not easy to pick a set of wheels, or a set of wheels that i like which don't cost me £700 haha, i'm looking forward to getting the turbo done, i just hope my SMF isn't as bad as people make it out to be as i'm considering doing both the turbo and clutch at the same time

·
Registered
Civic Type S GT 2.2CDTI
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
i'm currently running 225/45/17s on my stock 17' type s wheels, i can't decide what wheels to go for, given my car is silver, it's not easy to pick a set of wheels, or a set of wheels that i like which don't cost me £700 haha, i'm looking forward to getting the turbo done, i just hope my SMF isn't as bad as people make it out to be as i'm considering doing both the turbo and clutch at the same time
Do you have a list of wheels you would like to have? Hopefully you should be okay. Do you do short or long journeys usually?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts