2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

New to forum '07 1.8 owner looking for small mods

3K views 39 replies 23 participants last post by  Randall23890 
#1 ·
Hey guys!
So I'm a 24 year old lass living between London and Leeds...
I've had my lovely car since March and really clocked up the miles in it... Really fallen in love with it!
I've become a bit fed up with looking at other 8th Gens and wondering why they look so much better than mine.
So it starts now, small cheap mods while I save for bigger bits

Anyone got any advice on where to start?

Thanks! Looking forward to all the CivInfo I cN soak up!!

#6 ·
Ok I'm on my phone and I can't actually work out how to put pictures up... Any help please?
I've got xenon headlights , which I love but I was thinking about starting with changing the alloy caps, and the headlight cleaner covers, also the badge on the steering wheel and the internal lights..?
Then might move onto bumpers. But not got the omoney ATM :(

#12 ·
Yeah it's dark blue, kinda wish I had an orange one but the blue does always surprise me in certain light :)
I'm so excited about getting started, I think when I give it a clean and detail today I'll really think about which changes to make first!
My friend just mentioned about the nasty grey trim all around too....
Anyone any ideas what the best way is to get rid of this??
Thanks!

#11 ·
#28 ·
First off, welcome and nice colour car you have! Hope you enjoy it for a long while!

The front and rear type s/r splitters will only fit onto types s/r arches (which flare at the bottom). The arches are much harder to come by second hand than the splitters, and again, you'd need the type s/r skirts, too.

I think some have bent the standard at he's to fit, but not looked into it, so you'd have to check that out.

I think a colour coded type s/r trim would make the car look much better. Gives it a much sportier look and a bit less egg shaped!

Grill is another good one! Have a look on cox motor parts. They sell everything new, so it'll give you a top end idea of price, and maybe a few ideas!

#19 ·
Buy some bigger wheels, 18's make a massive difference.

Always some available in the for sale threads (like the ones I have available).:D

#21 ·
Hello mate & welcome to Civinfo [emoji3]

#25 ·
Simple easy things you can do are:

1) Civinfo sticker (adds an extra 10bhp - there may be a bit of a delay getting it though)

2) LED lights - so interior LED lights and LED Sidelights to match your HID bulbs & LED reverse lights, number plate lights.

3) you can upgrade your HID Bulbs

4) A Sports/Stealth/Type R grill (Sports is £100 new, stealth roughly £140 new and Type R around £130 I think new)

5) I'd consider Plasti-dipping the Door Handles & Fuel Filler cap to black

6) Plasti-care on the Grey side skirts
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/styling/39762-staining-grey-type-s-trim.html

7) You can get tons of vinyls and decals and stuff have a look at: Civinfo - Search Results and
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/search.php?searchid=8886730

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/lights/120053-new-brake-lights-fitted-facelift-rear.html

I have a matt black rear sumo on my car, and the rear Honda badge I've covered in Chrome Black Vinyl Currently.

Those are the cheaper exterior mods:

more expensive ones are:

1) Type R full conversion (either Type R or GT Body kit)

2) Alloys (You can find cheap ones knocking around here though sometimes)

3) Lowering Springs (Most people use Eibach lowering springs here)

Interior mods I'd do are:

1) Change the radio (it can become quite costly)

2) add a parrot bluetooth kit instead

3) Skunk2 Gearknob

4) Leather Gaitor

Hope it helps and Welcome to the forum!

#29 ·
Hi there. New to the world of honda (cars) too ? I've just fitting the sport grill, £95 from balmerlawn honda on eBay. Looking at cheapish-average priced mods to my fn2. Enjoy the forum. First bit of advice would be learn your way around it, once you've nailed that it's so much easier ?

#31 ·
I think you can bend the standard arches to fit. I'm sure some on here may have done it, but they need the watching trim all the way round, really. Skirts and arches don't appear often second hand. Not sure if any modification of the skirt is needed to go on a 5-door. Have a look at some 5-door conversion threads on here. Some are very well done!

A spoiler will glue on easily and they are more common second hand (although not in your colour!) and are a nice cosmetic touch to the back end.

#34 ·
One of your photos looks like Cheddar Gorge. Bit of the beaten track for a trip between Leeds & London! ;)

Personally I think it looks great. I like the idea of the facelift grill Civication mentioned, but I'd concentrate on the inside as that's stuff you'll appreciate whilst in the car.

#36 ·
I've just gettin the fog light covers off Wayne and what a big difference they make nice set of yellow would look nice on your blue baby also maybe get a new sport grill shouldn't be to much on interior I got a copy type r gear knob and leather gaiter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.