2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

new to honda ownership

913 views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  RobCDTi 
#1 ·
hi guys,

this is my first honda, got a 2008 honda civic 2.2 diesel, so far mpg is miles better than last car which got an average of 23mpg, getting 50mpg now..... happy days

1 question does this year of car have an ipod/aux connection as cant find it all,

cheers Neil

#10 ·
Welcome, and well done!
I'm currently on 24mpg in my 2.2 haha

#14 ·
Welcome to the forum mate. Unfortunately your car won't have an ipod/aux/usb connection. MY09 and on have them.
Ditto - you need a Dension or Xcarlink or Connect2us ? unit - and I'd recommend getting the Honda "Y-Cable" (Can-Bus) as well, which gives more flexibility for installation, and leaves you with an easily available unused 'jack' for anything else you want to add in the future ...

I've got a Dension 300 - this is the biz ! - it has USB \ 'iThing' \ 3.5mm phono conections, and you can enable then all ...

#19 ·
Welcome and +1 for the Xcarlink. Commuting 64 miles/day now and the Xcarlink is brilliant, I enjoy the journey whatever the traffic :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.