2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I'm new here, new to Honda's to. Bought a nice clean 53 reg 5door Civic last week. So far so good :) no issues of any kind. Its 5 door, 5 speed manual, 1.6 vtec, with 74K on the clock.

I was wondering though, what kind of real world MPG I can expect from it doing town driving, mainly school room and short trips in town to get to work and back.? Also, are there any issue I should be aware of or look out for ?

Thanks
Athol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Guys, another quick question, what the normal operating tempertaure on the gauge for this engine. Ours sits at around 1/3 of the way up the gauge. Is this normal ?

Thanks

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
Hi Guys, another quick question, what the normal operating tempertaure on the gauge for this engine. Ours sits at around 1/3 of the way up the gauge. Is this normal ?

Thanks
Welcome to :civinfo: mate.
Yes is the answer to your question on Temp about 1/3 way up is perfectly normal :cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a similar model actually 1.6 Exec a few years ago. I got about 32mpg around town and about 56mpg cruising at 60mph on a motorway. Over 15000miles of mixed driving I achieved 45mpg. The only problem I had over 2 years of ownership from new was a leak from the aircon system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts