2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just thought we would introduce ourselves as we have put a deposit down on a type r and picking her up on Saturday she is a beaut

Just finished modding my beast of a v8 so looking forward to getting my hands on the type r :twisted:

Love the sound of em and found a one that's well equipped so a good start! Enjoy

Chris & Lisa

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys can't wait! what's some good effective cheaper mods to start? Gonna get all yellow lighting sorted to bright white outside and red inside including neons

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thanks guys can't wait! what's some good effective cheaper mods to start? Gonna get all yellow lighting sorted to bright white outside and red inside including neons
welcome mate....

i would get a FRS done, some better brake pads and keep the vsa off !!!!! (possibly keep it on when its raining or slippy).

.....then keep it full of super unleaded and enjoy..:D

·
Jedi Knight
610 Posts
Welcome guys, nice looking car

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome guys :)

What's FRS? Always use super Vpower on my Beemer so the type r will be the same for defo

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys :)

What's FRS? Always use super Vpower on my Beemer so the type r will be the same for defo
FRS is short for Fast Road Set Up. It involves using camber bolts on the front struts and shims on the rear hubs to adjust wheel geometry in favour of handling, grip and feel.

My opinion when I had it done - http://www.civinfo.com/forum/torque-developments-international-north-south/69081-massive-thanks-very-happy-customer.html

And a little detail about what's involved - http://www.civinfo.com/forum/torque-developments-international-north-south/58243-insight-into-frs.html

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks good I'd like to experience being in someone's type r that's had this done before doing it though

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
I found that although grip was improved, it also made the car feel a lot more stable and responsive in the bends, but from the drivers point of view.

Maybe if you had a quick drive of someone's FN2 who's had it done, that would be better. Although there aren't many people, if any, who don't rate the FRS.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Hello fellow Geordie!

I have a FRS and can wholeheartedly agree that it's the best mod you have aside from a civinfo sticker!

Seriously. It makes the car twice as good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the warm welcome guys

My mate also has a FN2 type R so im sure we will both come to one of the meets to flush out what mods to do :p

How much are you looking at for an FRS?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts