2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Exiled Englishman
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Has anybody bought the latest maps from TomTom that came out this week. If so are there any major changes?
I only bought my Go 520 six weeks ago and am a bit miffed that there are now new maps. If i had known I would have waited:(

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,178 Posts
there wont be much or any changes in the newer maps. i get them all the time when they come out, and im using a v660 map as this is much better for my area than a new v715 which i also have. dont asume the latest version is better, as im finding this is not true. save your money.

·
Super Moderator
21,031 Posts
dont asume the latest version is better
Funnily enough, this is also being posted on the PGPSW site as well.

If you are in the market for a new SatNav then hang on a few weeks as TT are releasing the TT ONE and TT ONE XL version 4 imminently.

They have a totally different mounting system which allows for a far larger and better speaker. Plus no doubt other minor tweaks.

The new EasyPort system is a ring mount that surrounds and locks around the protruding speaker moulding rather than the current system of a slot in bracket.

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,178 Posts
ive just got the new v720 uk and australia maps, so i will let you know how good they are.

·
Super Moderator
21,031 Posts
ive just got the new v720 uk and australia maps, so i will let you know how good they are.

So are you running Honda v3.23 and a TT ?

I must admit, I have often been tempted to do this. Use the TT for the navigation and speed cameras and the Honda unit for the TMC and the 'bigger picture'.

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,178 Posts
well in a way if you have the v3.23 your are using a version 660 map from tomtom, as i had this nearly 2 years ago, this is how much the honda satnav disks are behind. there was some one who was going to to rip the disk and rebuild it using the speed camera data which i can supply. as tomtoms newer v7 maps dont have the detail of there older v660, our honda ones are now better and with traffic info as well.

one question on the traffic info, when a route has been planned, when you access the traffic info all the problem areas are now grey and they cannot be accessed, is this correct? noticed this the other when i was using it.

·
Super Moderator
21,031 Posts
one question on the traffic info, when a route has been planned, when you access the traffic info all the problem areas are now grey and they cannot be accessed, is this correct? noticed this the other when i was using it.
Never noticed.

I don't often plot a route as the car knows the way to work and back (unfortunately).

I was going to do a re-routing test on Friday evening on the M25 but sod's law it was fairly clear.

·
Super Moderator
21,031 Posts
Update :

Yesterday evening I plotted the route home and sure enough 99% of the Traffic Event triangles in both the list and on the map turned grey.

However, not all of them...........

The ones that stayed red & white were the ones on my route.

= that's a nice feature :)

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,178 Posts
Yes, I Think Its Like That So You Do Look At Other Problems Which Are Not On Your Route, It Also Warns You And Shows A Bigger Red Triangle Next To Your Route Listing On The Right Of The Screen.

Back To Tomtom, The V720 Map Is A Waste Of Time So Save Your Money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts