1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
looks awesome time for vtec now ,have fun

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Thats nice! Would have loved to get a Type-R myself, but company would not allow it - had to be 5dr and do over 40mpg...

There are two Milano Red Type-R's where I park and they look awesome too, but for me its the black

Enjoy! [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Same here Deano, my boss wanted the diesel (although so did I in a way...Doing 30,000 a year and only getting 11p a business mile for the fuel!). But I gotta say I do like the red, its great that its not a racing red, a slightly more luxurious shade... milano! (who thinks up these names!? The Japanese? I think not!)

·
Registered
151 Posts
mileage

dont for get to claim back the tax relief !!!!!!!!!!!! i claimed back three years worth (was only getting 8p mile) a nice surprise to get a large cheqe back from the IR

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks Jedi71, tax relief? I pay an extra tax for the privelige of having the car. But what would I be claiming back for?

Cheers

P.S Previous issues with the 17's and insurance are due to it being a company insurance policy, strangely my boss doesn't seem to care what the wheels look like![smilie=cheeky-grin: [smilie=smack.gif]

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Hi Domingo - saw your car in another thread - v.nice :)

The inland revenue provide a tax relief of 40p per mile (for the first 10,000 miles and then its about 25p per mile thereafter).
So you may be able to claim back a further 29p from the IR at the end of the tax year. I suspect your business already claim this back though and give you 11p of it to cover the cost of the actual petrol...

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi Domingo - saw your car in another thread - v.nice :)

The inland revenue provide a tax relief of 40p per mile (for the first 10,000 miles and then its about 25p per mile thereafter).
So you may be able to claim back a further 29p from the IR at the end of the tax year. I suspect your business already claim this back though and give you 11p of it to cover the cost of the actual petrol...

Hope this helps!
Hey Deano, thanks. Nice one, I'll look into this tax claimage!... knowing my boss though he'll already be claiming it back for the business!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
mileage

phone the I R and ask for form P87 which you have to fill out basically based on you getting 11p from employer you can claim back tax relief of diff form IR based on 30K business miles you could expect about £1800

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mileage

ps if your boss is giving you only 11p then you have to claim it. dont lose out by thinking they are, i claimed three years worth and it was well worth doing

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nice one Jedi! That definately sounds worth chasing up for a possible £1800!

As regards the wheels, it all involves changing the company policy to inform the insurance co. of the addition of the 17's (to stay correctly insured, they'll always try and get out of paying up if theres a loop hole!). Anyway looks like it'll be a while before my boss gets around to doing that and from his point of view there's no rush, so I guess I'll have to let the opportunity pass me by...:cry:

Surely for £300, someone will snap them up though!?? and you'll get some quick cash for 'em![smilie=cheeky-grin:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts