2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My name's Andy and I'm the very proud owner of a brand new black Type-R. (Well, it's just over a month old now, but have only just had the time to post on here........)

I had a very bad experience with a German car manufacturer (with three letters) and their horrendously unbalanced finance scheme so was looking to buy myself out of the deal I was in (permanent negative equity etc......) and also get something a bit more exciting.

I went to my local Honda dealer in Leicester, had 3 test-drives and bought a car 2 weeks later - losing madly on the sale of my other car, but gaining a lot of fun:))

Am chuffed to bits with the Type-R - fairly mad performance (certainly relative to previous cars) and the only little gripe I'm having at the moment is a few rattles. Slowly, but surely I'm managing to find the sources of them all - oh and a bit of a rubbing noise from the back brakes, but Honda reckon there's nothing wrong and just rubbing-in from being fairly new.

Anyway - 4 weeks and just over 4000 miles later - a very happy customer.........

Kind Regards
Andy

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Hello & Welcome
Enjoy your car.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Nice one pal, welcome.
Only had mine less than a week so know how you feel, great innit?

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Forum :D

Enjoy the car!

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Welcome, I'm 9 days into type-R'ing and at the rate I'm going I'll be hitting 4k after 4 weeks ;)

Great fun isn't it.

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
Anyway - 4 weeks and just over 4000 miles later - a very happy customer.........
Heck, that's some motoring! I've just cleared 1000 in my two month old CTR. Good you're enjoying it - nothing beats that VTEC scream past 5500 and it's a great looking car both inside and out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all your replies......... Really enjoying the car and, as sad as it sounds, over 4K miles in 4 weeks is 'cause I'm finding excuses to go out driving in it:))))

Reidy - enjoy it!
Gadgetman - I know just what you mean:)

Speak soon.........

·
'DRIVE' your Car!
221 Posts
Hi Fivecatfish

I'm also from Leicester.
I got my CTR on the 1st Sept.

Give us a wave if you see me - i have the badges on the front and side, no yellow lights at night (thanks to Mr JP the led man) - you'll recognise me from the permanent grin my CTR still puts on my face.

Read my posts from when i first got my Baby.

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
Hi and welcome

1 - 15 of 15 Posts