2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my opinion the civic VTI(EK4) has the civic type R(FN2) beat hands down!

1. the EK4 is more pleasing to the eyes!

2. the engine (B16A2) is better!

3. the gearbox is better!

4. the suspension is better/ handerling wise, well lets put it this way, it hasnt got the rear suspension off a horse box like the FN2 has! beam suspension? you would expect that sort of thing from a jeep! but not a type R!

5. much higher MPG! plus you cant hear the petrol sloshing around! like the FN2!

6. the acceleration is much the same, the Ek4 VTi has 160bhp and the FN2 has 197bhp ish? its the weight of the FN2 that lets it down! too many toys, and saftey features! its a type R! if you want to be safe buy a Jazz!

7.on a race track the EK4 VTi would eat the FN2 alive!

The only thing that the FN2 is good at is that it makes a great sound!

Anyone who has a FN2, you should sell it and get a EK4 VTi, or if they are a bit too old for you, how about the integra DC5? they are very fast and very pretty! or the new import type R FD2? they are even faser and maybe even more pretty! (i have not made my mind up yet!)

Anyone who owns or likes one of the cars above should comment and have your say!

Thanks for reading! [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Typical, another person with not enough money for an FN2 so trying to defend an ancient car.

If I had wanted the crap you speak of I would of had 3 if I wanted, one in silver for work, one in red, and one in black, and still had change.

I'll forgive you for your first post but you have come onto an 8th generation forum preaching to us about cars not in the same league. As for the torsion beam, it's really no worry for me as the FN2 handles better than the EP3 which had independent suspension and I have a boot as well!

If you are so convinced, book a track day...

... if you beat me, you can have my FN2!

·
Registered
156 Posts
well lets put it way, ek great car for its time, fn2 for todays time, who told you that ek faster then fn2? i had a go with few raceboys, sorry no match,i guess who speaks like you its because cant even afford a week travelcard.

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Too technical lol !

·
Registered
156 Posts
i am so p off of people who dont know what they talking about, i guess you never have driven any of the cars in your pretty list... and even if you did you will not push to the point where you feel the difference between torsion or indipendent..or maybe you think you the stig?

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
This is where Top Cats Thumbs down button request would come in handy.

What a lot of nonsense. Just a troll

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Looks like he has logged off lol. I guess not the welcoming response he wanted after his first post!

The FD2 more pretty???

"the engine (B16A2) is better" - How exactly?

Has your 17 year old (older) brother got an EK9 or something?

And you haven't made your mind up about what? a £22k FD2 or 2 bob EK4, or what you wanna be when you grow up ;)

"Anyone who has a FN2, you should sell it and get a EK4 VTi" - Oh ok then :rolleyes:

·
Registered
156 Posts
how silly is that sentence, if we own a fn2 its cause we like it, and because we can afford one, what must i do with a 10yrs old car?

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
And your point is "caller"

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
i 'only' drive the 1.8 type-s so cant really comment on much things but i can say for sure i love the look of the new type-r instead of the older model that you describe. Older civics have always looked a bit dull too me.
that beam suspension is not really a problem since the car is fine tuned to handle well with such a suspension.
But hey, you can buy the car you want and i hope you love it
Oh and Mr JP, does that challenge apply to everyone? [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Registered
156 Posts
re: rear susprnsion, last sunday i was at a open track day, at 8 in the morning on a dump cold surface with an extra 110kg of bloke with, we maneged 1min 21 sec , we did not even try hard, guess what a e46 m3 in the afternoon did only 1min 19sec , i guess i could easily match that time... and thanks to the "ancient" rear suspension..

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.