2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
UKDM
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do *waves*

I've just put down a deposit on a 07 low mileage type r in black from a main honda dealer, picking it up on friday.

Previously had an ep3 type r many moons ago for a couple of years but eventually it wore me down as it was a bit 'hard core' and I swapped to a focus ST (loved it but god it liked a drink 28MPG taking it easy 90% motorway and easy to hit low teens when not hanging around) and just had a brief 4 month fling with an RS Megane (never again, new day new problem)

The honda was the only car that I never had a problem with (even more impressively I discovered 40k miles after buying it that it had been over revved before I bought it) and parts and servicing were reasonable so here I am.

Anyway my question is the front speakers have the words bass works written around them and I cant remember seeing this on any other cars or see it on any cars on autotrader, I was reading the options booklet last night (can you tell I'm eager :D ) and noticed it was an optional extra but it looks like the speakers are in the rear not front?!

Anyway before I get excited can I ask do all cars have this written on the front speakers? I see it was an expensive option although doesn't get the greatest of reviews on here I wont complain.

Cheers

Craig

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate!

My civ doesn't have bassworks written on the front speakers no. Although, like you, I did think the basswork speakers went in the rear :confused:

I think the only real way to find out is dismantle the dash and look for the amp lol :worms:

·
UKDM
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll have to get a picture when I pick the car up

It looks OEM just wondering if anyone else with the bass works option installed at factory has the same speaker grills? Maybe I should put a post in the main forum.

Was it just an option on the CTR anyone know?

To be clearer its written on the silver rings around the speakers not the grills technically

Cheers and thanks for the welcome guys

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
Hi and welcome your car history is the same as mine, I to had the ST focus and had the same issue with the mpg and also I didnt connect with the car and found the drive rather bland, the RS megane was quick and stuck to the road but the interior was awfull in quality and looks and don't get me started on the reliability.... lol. Now the type R took a while to get use to but once you do there's no better drive for the money even if its not the fartest hatch arround... welcome again and a good choice!!

·
Derv Devil
1,164 Posts
Bassworks are in the rear mate, and the OEM silver circles around the speakers dont say anythin on them, perhaps custom?

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Welcome :)

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
Welcome!! Guard your wallet on here as it tends to empty quick!!

Sctrpop used Tapatalk to post this!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts