2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all.

I've popped a few posts up already, but thought I'd make proper introductions!

Having spent a (really) long time deciding on what to buy as a new car for work and play, I finally decided to get myself an FN2 Type R. I'm genuinely glad I did. A Skoda Octavia vRS, my alternative choice, would have been far less fun!

So this is it - 52k miles, 57 plate, full service history and one advisory throughout its MOT history (front roll bar ball joint). Not too shabby. It has the usual stone chips, a few tiny dents which I'm having sorted soon, and a few other little niggles which I'll get sorted soon. But overall it's bloody lovely, and I'm enjoying it far too much.

Modifications so far are limited to a hands free kit, installed using a guide from this forum - this place really is a wealth of knowledge, and I wouldn't have been able to do it without help!

Future mods will include fitting new brakes initially so that I can stop as well as go really fast, and then Meister coilovers with a fast road setup in the New Year.

I'm hopeful that the new suspension will improve the ride a little - it's not terrible, but it's a bit jittery over bumps in low gears. Having said that, I also own an '89 Scirocco, which has virtually no suspension travel at all, so compared to that it's a pleasure to drive!

Anyway, a couple of pics of it, as is customary - and thanks for having me!

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys :) It was actually registered in January 2008, so probably one of the very last 57 plates out there.

Currently I'm hoping that'll help me get some warranty repair out of Honda - the front of the roof has a tiny line of corrosion just behind the windscreen seal, so the usual issue. I'm taking the car into Honda on Friday to get some photos taken, so hopefully they can sort it before it progresses!

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
:hello2: mate & :welcome4: to :civinfo::beer:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts