2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks

Been watching and reading the forums for about a month or two and have finally made the leap and bought myself a Black 2007 Type R GT from one of the sellers advertising it on here.

I had quite a mission finding the right car. I arranged to see several others before i spotted this one and they were a mixed bag. One in paticular was selling for a thousand more, stank of cigarettes, had heavily rusted breaks and some of the upholstery was coming undone. Despite this the seller was still advertising as 'excellent condition'.

Needless to say i turned that one down and started looking into private sales instead. Went down to Derby to visit a chap who advertised his on here and it was pefect. Amazing condition, low mileage, the right price and had all the paperwork and accompanying documents well organised. Added bonus of being MOT'd and serviced the month before and taxed until October. Plus a honda ipod adapter and parking sensors already fitted.

After a drive around town (As a passenger) the deal was sealed with a handshake and i returned up on the train the following week to drive it home with my girlfriend. Was a very exciting drive and my first experience of driving a Type R myself. Was naturally gentle at first whilst i got used to the huge difference but after about 10 minutes i was happily away.

Ive only been driving for 2.5 years and my only other car was a Ford Focus 1.6 so its quite a change im sure you'll agree :smile:

A few pictures attached. Gave it a bit of a clean as well (first time hand washing a car)

Old car

When i went to pick it up

At home after giving it a wash

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
Welcome, you won't regret it, but just hide your wallet if you become a regular on here :)

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Welcome along matey nice choice but Milano red ctr's are way faster you'll just have to get use to eating there dust..

Looks very clean and if your going to keep washing it your self have a good reed up in the cleaning section loads of foot tips in there mate have fun

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Some pretty nice shots there, enjoy the car!

·
"Boards don't hit back"
589 Posts
Welcome mate

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome along matey nice choice but Milano red ctr's are way faster you'll just have to get use to eating there dust..

Looks very clean and if your going to keep washing it your self have a good reed up in the cleaning section loads of foot tips in there mate have fun

Is strange that once ive started driving it ive noticed them more frequently. Pulled up alongside a black type S at some traffic lights other day. And was behind a black type R EP3 last week!

Ive been reading the cleaning section and have picked up some various bits like a mammoth drying towel, some chemical guys shampoo etc and some microfibre towels.

Just need to figure out how best to keep the alcantara clean so i will do some more searching in the cleaning section of the forum

·
From S to R
23 Posts
Hi,

Looks great. I picked mine up last weekend and haven't looked back since. I do have the Type R addiction now though and have already got myself some "ICE". I find it hard to keep calm when driving the car, as the noise, the speed and the fun is just too hard to resist.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
108 Posts

Welcome, you'll have a blast with the Type R and you'll have your work cut out keeping her clean with all the salt/grit on the roads at the moment...

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
After a drive around town (As a passenger) the deal was sealed with a handshake
I would of still taken it out for a test drive before handing over the money??? Congratulations she's stunning!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts