2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Been back and forth with how it looks and tbh I think it looks a lot more toned down than the concept did. Whether it's a good or bad thing that's up to personal preference. The concept looked brilliant but this is warming on me, I must say.

Saying that, the rear wing is really bad, it looks like something that someone has bought from Halfords and stuck onto it. I prefer the 9G Mugen style spoiler seen here http://www.civinfo.com/forum/gallery-9g/120427-my-civic-mugen.html

·
Gary
3,100 Posts
Been back and forth with how it looks and tbh I think it looks a lot more toned down than the concept did. Whether it's a good or bad thing that's up to personal preference. The concept looked brilliant but this is warming on me, I must say.

Saying that, the rear wing is really bad, it looks like something that someone has bought from Halfords and stuck onto it. I prefer the 9G Mugen style spoiler seen here http://www.civinfo.com/forum/gallery-9g/120427-my-civic-mugen.html

The concept was a true head turner, i think the production wont have as much attention

·
Gary
3,100 Posts
I do like that aspect, not turning too many heads, and that unexpected performance. I just really don't like that rear wing lol.
Think that's what pissed everyone off was the wing, unexpected performance, i had a mazda mps, it looked bland but my god it could shift

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Honda know how to make a distinct, original looking car. I feel they did with the 8g type r, especially with optional splitters or mugen body parts.

I wonder if the 9g type r will have any optional cosmetic options?
A balaclava so that you won't feel embarrassed driving it would be a good start... :D

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Looks like an FN2 m200 that's decided to do a supersize me diet... Basically, it looks fat. Shame they didn't keep with the bull horn wing, that gave it something special. Now it looks like a yobo has been let loose on illustrator. Admittedly I'm biased, I hate the fact they've toned down the looks of the civic so more oaps will buy one and leave it on their drive

Late to the show as usual!

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
I think it looks great tbh , concept car did look better but I wouldn't be surprised if the devil horn rear spoiler will be available as an aftermarket option with how popular that design is

·
regrets his username
7,983 Posts
That mugen spoiler is available for the fk 2012 onwards will this fit the type R (the whole kit is available)

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
A balaclava so that you won't feel embarrassed driving it would be a good start... :D
Ha ha. I have to agree.

On the road it looks very after market and chav to me unlike the original concept.

Each to their own though, no doubt some will like it especially the younger buyers although I do question how many 18 yrs olds will be able to afford a £32K car.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I think I'd go for a black paint option if I was to get one, as it seems to hide some this stylistic mess.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts