2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my new Civic Type S GT arrived last Friday, apologies for the delay in posting some pics, but here they are now. I decided to get the black/grey bumber, wheel arches etc colour coded by the dealer and am really pleased with the results, although not the extra cost !!

Also, apologies for not having put the Civinfo sticker on yet, it's next on my to do list - after I've read the User manual, SatNav manual and iPod manual etc. Spent most of the weekend sitting in the car talking to the bl**dy SatNav/HFT system with some moderate success. I'm sure the neighbours must think I've lost it completely - probably not far off the mark I suppose.

Anyway, here are the pics, hope you like them.

Gaz2.2

Attachments

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
One word - Stunning!

Totally think you did the right thing colour coding it, I could never own a standard civic with the horrid trims, or a mini for that matter.

The best Type S I have seen mate, well done.

oh and "Civicophrenia" is widely accepted here!

I'm totally mental about mine as well ;)

·
Registered
375 Posts
One word : Nice

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Beautiful and the best colour too :D:D

·
Honda Civic Type S GT
14 Posts
Looks great mate loving the body coloured bumpers/skirts! I went for NHB because i didnt fancy grey bumpers on any other colour

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Lookingawesome colour coded ,welcome to the site

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
Looking great and yes the colour coding does add to the cars appeal. Good luck with the manual reading :D and of course the driving :D

Congrats on the car and enjoy yourself :party:

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Welcome to the site - car looks good. I live down in East Lothian and have relatives in Dunbar so you may see me either out and about or down your way.

Unfortunately there is also another guy going about with a Milano Type S just like yours :( (image pack, color coded) so don't be amazed if you see him coming towards you like a mirror reflection. But I have to say the pics as nice as they are don't do the car in all its glory justice. If folk could see this in the flesh they would be really, really impressed.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi all, glad you like the car as much I do. Although the Image pack and additional paint work cost an 'arm and a leg', I think the end result was worth it.

And now for the bad news. Driving into work this morning, in the process of overtaking a lorry and suddenly hit by a load of spillage which is leaking from the back of it - as if hit by grit from a gritter lorry, only much worse.
The back is obviously not closed properly and it's like a river of dirt/stones spewing out. I pull in front to try to get the reg number, but unfortunately it left the A1 via a slip road (without indicating of course) and that was that. I did consider stopping and reversing back up the A1 to take the slip road, but common sense prevailed thankfully.

I have three areas on the bonnet, which have between two and five white chips and a couple on the side of the car. Also have a couple of small nicks out of the front bumper. So I am now (earlier than expected I grant you) a fully paid up member of the Honda Civic 'stone chip' club.

Totally p*ssed of, but that's life I suppose. Better to get the first dent/scratch over and done with early so I can stop worrying about the car.

Cheers

Gaz2.2

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the site - car looks good. I live down in East Lothian and have relatives in Dunbar so you may see me either out and about or down your way.

Unfortunately there is also another guy going about with a Milano Type S just like yours :( (image pack, color coded) so don't be amazed if you see him coming towards you like a mirror reflection. But I have to say the pics as nice as they are don't do the car in all its glory justice. If folk could see this in the flesh they would be really, really impressed.
Hi angie4m, I think I may have seen that 'other' Type S, it passed me a few weeks ago when I was heading home down the A1 and it left the A1 just before Tranent (before the speed camera). The funny thing was, I was coming back from the dealership and I'd had discussions with the salesman regards fully colour coded bumpers etc and he'd said it wasn't available. So as soon as I got home I was on the phone to him to say I'd just seen one. Didn't notice if it had the Image Pack though, but it certainly looked the business.

Glad you like the car, will keep an eye out for you and yours on my travels.

Cheers

Gaz2.2

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Very nice................

·
Registered
21 Posts
how much would that colour coding cost me if i have it done by the dealer? in euros plz :)

and whats the price of the spoiler?

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
how much would that colour coding cost me if i have it done by the dealer? in euros plz :)

and whats the price of the spoiler?
Depends on the dealer. Its cheaper getting a body shop to do it. A dealer would probably charge anything upto 600quid i imagine (i dont deal in euros!)

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Looking good! I still love the type s alloys. The colour coding sets the look off!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Depends on the dealer. Its cheaper getting a body shop to do it. A dealer would probably charge anything upto 600quid i imagine (i dont deal in euros!)
well its probably not worth it for me anyway since i have a deep bronze one so the contrast isnt as great with by example this red one

1 - 20 of 27 Posts