2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv'e just had two new tyres on the font of my FN2 uniroyal rainsport 3 the problem is that the steering feels light and unresponsive is this because they are brand new ? they are XL btw

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
I have the same tyres and they are great. Took a few miles to get sticky

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Different tyres but steering was seriously heavy and pulled to the left with eagle f1 asym2 at legal limit.
Swapped with asym3 fitted and now nice and lite and true to the point of if you take the hand off the wheel the car holds it's line.;)

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
All being said these are a wet weather tyre not a performance tire, with flexible tread blocks and tread structure designed for fast drainage of water, I had a set fitted to the wife's mini and found them exactly the same as your saying, compared to the Dunlop sports that were fitted previously I found the a step back in performance, but on the other hand just looking for a safer tyre,

·
Registered
213 Posts
Iv'e just had two new tyres on the font of my FN2 uniroyal rainsport 3 the problem is that the steering feels light and unresponsive is this because they are brand new ? they are XL btw
The RS3's are a comfy rain tyre, not a sports tyre. XL doesn't dramatically improve that. It mainly makes the tyres hold higher air pressures for higher loads. Nothing more.

Should've bought the F1's for handling and responsiveness ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the old tyres were Kumho Ecsta LE Sport KU39 they are still on the back but uniroyal on the front, the steering doesnt seem to bad now i'm not sure if its just me getting use to the tyres or not

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just installed the same Uniroyals as you and I have to admit, they are wobbly.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
i always find when you put 2 new fronts on the steering always feels light at first
as for the uniroyals im on my second set and actually quite like them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts