2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All Just Registered, Found The Site Really Useful. Have A Few Questions For Anyone Who May Be Able To Help.
1- Has Anyone Suffered Any Unusual Steering, Car Seems To Wander Now And Then Caused Wife To Hit Kerb And Me Buying New Wheel And Tyre.
2- Any Problems With Rear Heated Window, Mine Sticks On Permanently And Has Took Dealer Since October To Find Fault.:)

·
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!
1,228 Posts
Hi civicsport56, and welcome to the best Civic forum on the web :p

As to your questions,

1. Have you got the standard wheels on your car, or something bigger??
The standard car doesn't have a tendency to wonder. I would suggest you get the steering checked as it sounds like something is out of alignment, especially if you hit a kerb hard enough to damage the wheel and tyre.

2. Have a read through this thread, I think it might be the answer to question.
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/bugs-faults-irritations/11563-ac-heated-rear-window.html

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rear window

Hi foggy 69, cheers for that bit of info mate. My car is going into the dealer on sat to have part of the climate control module changed cuz they say thats whats causing the problem, comes to something when the dealer don't know whats going on, maybe they should speak to the japs more.

As for the steering mines got standard 7 spokes on 17'rims. Dealer sent it for an optiline test at ABP Motorsport. It came back and they said everything was in spec, after reading the report myself and calling ABP it shows that most of the rear is out of spec. Phoned Honda UK who were pants to say the least and just said to me if I was'nt happy try another dealer. A bit crap as my nearest other dealer is 15 miles away.:confused:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steering

Shame you say Holdcroft Honda cuz thats the dealer im having the problem with, maybe they just dont like me.:D

·
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!
1,228 Posts
Shame you say Holdcroft Honda cuz thats the dealer im having the problem with, maybe they just dont like me.:D
Sorry, to hear that. :(

It might be worth putting the results of the test in the Suspension area of the forum to see if somebody can find out if ABP or Holdcroft are telling porkies :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts