2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will post better pictures including an update on our car tomorrow when its clean.

Lets just say its over 250bhp and around 180ft/lb and the only non OEM parts is a oil pump, timing chain, tensioner and valve springs..........including a rather tasty bonnet. :cool:

photo.jpg

These will retail at £595.00
OEM Style are also available at £550

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
Looks awesome Paul! Loving the new vented bonnet, what's happened to the OEM style one you had on? I mean if it's taking up space, I'd buy it off you when I'm back down...? Lol

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Love it!

Has someone been finger writing in the dust? How rude!

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hahahaha. It says Hello Gary for some reason! :lol:

Daz - yeah. Your splitters should be in tomorrow as well.
Expecting gauges tomorrow and seeker parts by end of week. :)

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
Look like Mugen style bonnets... If TDi are official Mugen dealers isn't selling replica Mugen gear a bit.. :?

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Been selling Seibon MG style parts as they are called for other cars well before we became MOPs. Fact is Mugen don't make these this way or in carbon so it's only similar in design in that it has triangular shaped vents.

I do wonder even if someone brings out any OEM style parts what the actual manufacturers think as well. ??

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
They're replica regardless of how it's dressed up. It's a design Seibon have replicated in CF.

All of the Seibon MG stuff is Mugen rep; same with the EP3. Obviously your business, your prerogative. Just an observation... I just remember TDi staunch against other companies sourcing legit Mugen gear; but then as MOP's you can provide what is essentially replica in CF. :)

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
Will post better pictures including an update on our car tomorrow when its clean.

Lets just say its over 250bhp and around 180ft/lb and the only non OEM parts is a oil pump, timing chain, tensioner and valve springs..........including a rather tasty bonnet. :cool:

View attachment 46368

These will retail at £595.00
OEM Style are also available at £550
sorry if this sounds a bit thick, but OEM style? is this in metal then?

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I see your point.

Fact is in 2 years I haven't sold 1 original Mugen bonnet but it doesn't stop people wanting them. It helps to raise the profile of the proper stuff and there will always be a Market for that for people who aren't satisfied with 2nd best.

I had long discussions regarding the Tegiwa manifold and where we as Toda Europe would sit in this and the official line is they aren't bothered. People who buy a bargain manifold were never going to be their customers anyway so it's not lost business but on the other side it introduces a bigger end user volume into the modifying scene where ultimately the business is. It also educates people into what you really pay for to get the best parts.

The issue with backdoor suppliers was also a valid one and has brought to light issues with importing so that yea there are bargain to have sometimes, but more often than not the prices are actually pretty similar plus without the long waits.

Another topic though and am sure I will be told that someone can get this bonnet cheaper on the moon! :lol:

Oh and for the record this vented bonnet is not from Seibon. I believe, but don't take this as gospel that it is from a Spanish manufacturer. They only one Seibon make for the FB2 is the Oem one ;)

·
Big T
1,554 Posts
liking that paul, i'll be up soon to see the car back together. and book my service in.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Are the vents blocked? Would be interesting to see what difference this would make for those of us running the HKS RSK, as long as it had some kind of shield to stop water (rain) getting into the filter.

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its clever in that the vents have a plate underneath that is screwed on so you could fit a mesh or angle it down a bit modifying the underside to make a scoop if you have the HKS intakes. ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts