2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says we are currently building 2 new FN2 turbo cars slightly differently.
These are having front mount intercooler setups and we will be testing some new turbos out where a new partner we have is doing something specifically for our requirements.

First car already has intercooler on together with all the boost pipes done. We have retained the OEM battery just moved it slightly.
This new setup retains original manifold and downpipe configuration but allows for people wanting to run more power for longer periods.

The chargecoolers work fine on road cars but struggle over 450bhp if pushed hard to maintain stable temperatures without looking at bigger cores and radiators so space being at a premium and people wanting specifically more track focused setups we are developing stuff again.

Should have some good pictures later this week.
Cost will remain the same and if anything we are also looking at possible cost reductions for entry level kits.

Details to follow. ;)

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should be running Tuesday so plenty of pictures to come.
Taken longer than we thought this as trying to do.suspension and transmission as well as fitting gauges and boost controllers all together but it's come together really well. :)

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just posted a picture up on our Facebook page of the new intercooler kit installed. Can't link it direct at the moment.
Will post full details and pictures up tomorrow as soon as its off the ramp. ;)

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
Afternoon,
Im very tempted by one of these turbos and looking at your link i'll be looking at £6650 (with dyno,fitting and catback).
I own a stock cw and without sounding stupid what else would I need to run one of these turbos, ie: is a clutch upgrade needed and also a flashpro (obviously would need big brakes)

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You would need a Flashpro and uprated clutch to actually run the kit and last the journey home.
Brakes and suspension would need looking at but really depend on how you actually drive and not immediately necessary.
We had Afy in his 600bhp EP3 running stock suspension and brakes for over a year. He's done his suspension now but brakes are still stock callipers but pads and lines. Its all about your driving style

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
Im a proper girly driver but I need some extra grunt else I can see myself looking for something else and this option would be cheaper.
I need to source some parts and juggle finances 1st, but I was looking at either the next couple of mths or early new yr (pending on waiting list :)).
Thanks for the info, hopefully I'll be in touch soon :D

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Im a proper girly driver but I need some extra grunt else I can see myself looking for something else and this option would be cheaper.
I need to source some parts and juggle finances 1st, but I was looking at either the next couple of mths or early new yr (pending on waiting list :)).
Thanks for the info, hopefully I'll be in touch soon :D
Eeeeeeek would love this but gotta wait for compooooo lol

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
You would need a Flashpro and uprated clutch to actually run the kit and last the journey home.
Brakes and suspension would need looking at but really depend on how you actually drive and not immediately necessary.
We had Afy in his 600bhp EP3 running stock suspension and brakes for over a year. He's done his suspension now but brakes are still stock callipers but pads and lines. Its all about your driving style
cant see a problem with that tbh ...

which stops quickest:

100bhp car traveling at 70mph with stock brakes?
500bhp car traveling at 70mph with stock brakes?
1000bhp car traveling at 70mph with stock brakes?

On a race track... thats a different story...

·
Registered
76 Posts
cant see a problem with that tbh ...

which stops quickest:

100bhp car traveling at 70mph with stock brakes?
500bhp car traveling at 70mph with stock brakes?
1000bhp car traveling at 70mph with stock brakes?

On a race track... thats a different story...
You're doing it wrong - you're using logic :D :)

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Yes it is all about your driving style but when you've got that much more power and you get to up to speed that much quicker you really do need to read the road ahead much more keenly.

I had just pads and lines on stock calipers when I had my Rotrex. When I went back NA I put the Stoptechs on. :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts