2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there,was in honda this morning, new white ctr just came in today..

thought i was going to be envious..

but im not!

the white isnt nice in my opinion..
its off white..its not a brilliant ice white as i expected..

its almost ivory coloured/stained white colour..

not as jealous or impressed as i expected..

it looks like the colour of the glow in the dark stuff that is white in day light...

like milk that has gone off..

including the wheels.... they look the same...

only redeming features - the chrome handles and fuel cap...

not impressed you know.. would have been better in a really bright white paint.. like the ford ST white... ice white or something..
i dont think its the championship white...
on the real championship white hondas i have seen they were a more brilliant white that stood out from the traffic and other cars so to speak.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
But isn't it CW (champaign white) ??

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
Interesting..... cant wait to see one for myself. My local dealers don't know when they are getting one in the showrooms

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Actually CW = Championship White, and I saw two on a transporter and thought hmmmmmm Magnolia.... LOL.

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Doh! :oops:

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Championship White has always been an "off white" colour. If you look at the old Integra Tye R's and Civic Type R imports you'll see they are the same. Can't say I don't agree with you f.ss.t, I think a pure white would have looked a lot better.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Definately, try getting CW to look like you've cleaned and waxed it nicely..... :)

Tom

·
Registered
689 Posts
Actually, after staring at it for the past half hour its begining to grow on me. The chrome door handles and fuel flap are definately a nice touch and the more I see the car the whiter it becomes....... or maybe I need to go look at something else !!!

·
Wigan Warriors
1,052 Posts
Actually, after staring at it for the past half hour its begining to grow on me. The chrome door handles and fuel flap are definately a nice touch and the more I see the car the whiter it becomes....... or maybe I need to go look at something else !!!

you got one in ? Has wigan yet ?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Gordons Honda ...Meat loaf song .....Two outa three aint bad ...So ...chrome door handles and fuel cap are definately a nice touch ....Tell me if i was a customer enquireing about said vehicle would this be your opening gambit ....Because if thats all there is man apart from the fact if i buy a seat sit down and stare at it long enough it gets whiter ....*** ....ON A STEEL HORSE I RIDE

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
The championship white is honda's original racing colour . Yes it is off white and more of a cream but honda has been using it for the last 40 odd years. The old shape type r was produced in the same colour but that was only exported from swindon back to japan.

Another colour to keep an eye for is the blue, this looks fab with the sun on it !

·
Registered
689 Posts
If I were on here trying to sell you a car then maybe I might try a different approach, but as I'm just adding my own opinion to others I don't see your point Harley, maybe you'd prefer me to come on here repeating Honda press statements about performance and tech stats?

·
Wigan Warriors
1,052 Posts
If I were on here trying to sell you a car then maybe I might try a different approach, but as I'm just adding my own opinion to others I don't see your point Harley, maybe you'd prefer me to come on here repeating Honda press statements about performance and tech stats?
dont bite ;) im off to Honda Wigan in 30mins

·
Registered
143 Posts
have to agree with the OP.

saw it today and yeah... just doesnt stand out much

·
Registered
412 Posts
Gordons Honda ... If thats all you can find on a 19000 or 20000 pound car that is worth an opinion ....door handles and a fuel cap and the fact that if you stare long enough it gets whiter then maybe you better quote honda .....and while your there man its harleyfatboy ....ON A STEEL HORSE I RIDE

1 - 20 of 193 Posts