2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have auto glass fitting a new windscreen tomorrow just wondering if there is anything I should check out once it's done before the guy leaves. I can remember reading something to do with the wipers but can't find it again.

Cheers

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
If you have auto wipers, then check they still work after the screen has been replaced.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh I have autos, will give them a check. Cheers. where is the sensor for auto lights ?

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Yeh I have autos, will give them a check. Cheers. where is the sensor for auto lights ?
Just in front of the rear view mirror, the repair guy should know and test it still works but defo a good idea to check with him.

·
Administrator
21,139 Posts
When I had mine done a few weeks ago the guy used his spray bottle of glass cleaner to test the auto wipers before he left.

He set the lever then just sprayed the stuff over the sensor and the wipers sprung into life.

If he will let you, ask if you can clean the bottom inside of the windscreen whilst it's on the bench they use.

Trying to clean the inside bottom after fitting is a real pain.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Windscreen is in and all good, shocked how quick he done it. Took about 45 min. Also didn't realise how badly scratched and dull my old screen must have been after looking through the new one.

Thanks for the advice all

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Excellent.

I'm mighty tempted to get mine replaced as is terrible and must be limiting vision to some degree.

I'm sure someone on here said their insurer had no qualms covering the cost of a replacement (minus excess) on safety grounds due to reduced visibility.

I'd happily stump up the excess 'cos it's riddled with stone chips, along with a few scratches.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had mine done through the insurance, cost me £65 excess. But that was due to a crack about 2ft across the screen due to a stone chip.

Phone them and try your luck with the reduced visibility

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Also check for scratches left by the technician on your doors, as I had mine replaced on monday.
They did it on my driveway, he did ask me to inspect the job, but I didn't realise I needed to inspect the bodywork as well:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We done a walk around the car before and after he done the job to check for scratches and dents and was all good. Apart from all the stone chips that is !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts