2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I thought I'd share my recent experience with MARSHALLS HONDA HESSLE with you all.

In December, I hit a parked car (not my fault) and took my near side wing mirror out at around 40mph. It looked completely ****ed, I rang Honda and they suggested I take the car to them for an assessment, to see how much of it needed replacing. Anyway, long story short, I took it to a friend of mine who works in a body shop who ordered the cover piece (colour coded) and the black back piece for the mirror, amazingly the electrics all worked fine (the mirror had to be pulled HARD back in to place) and the glass / indicator light was fine. The parts came and were fitted in 5 minutes for about £70. I was releived as Honda had quoted £350 for a new mirror.

On boxing day, I woke up to my neighbour knocking on my door, who was holding these parts to my mirror, it turns out some **** had kicked it during the night. The damage looked similar so I forced the mirror back in to place, tested the electrics (fine) so then I rang Honda to order the 2 cover peices as before. The body shop was closed that week, so I went to Honda for them to fit the parts. 20 minutes passed, then the chap approached me, told me the mirror was completely broken and would need to be replaced. I was not happy to say the least and told him that if my friend could fix the mirror I would not be happy. He insisted he wouldn't be able too.

I walked outside (with the new parts) and spent 30 seconds with the mirror and guess what? - after clipping the new parts in to place it was as good as new! So, very angry by this point, marched back in to Honda, made a big scene, told everybody in the showroom that they wanted to charge me £350 for a new mirror, when £70 of parts would suffice.

If I didn't hit my mirror in December then I would have trusted Honda and bought the new mirror. They tried to pull a fast one and now I can't even trust them to do any work on the car.

They are the only Honda dealer for 50 miles.. What do I do?

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
It will decrease the value slightly by not having it dealer serviced but you've already saved more by not letting them fix the mirror than you would lose.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts