2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Between me and the Mrs we've got a 57 plate civic we've had from new and we picked up an 09 CRV last month - both 2.2 CTDi engines which seems a nice strong thing and both in black which IMO is the best colour for the CRV certainly.

Love both cars but they're reliable practical transport really. To keep my out of trouble I've got a Midget I'm restoring (and fitting a 16V to) and I used to run a Jag S-type before the CRV which was an awesome car but 22mpg and a tiny boot is hard justify with little ones on the way :rolleyes:

I'm here because the Civic has started slipping its clutch @ 70k miles which seems to be a good run relatively speaking so I'm looking for some technical assistance - I've done clutches on cars before but I've found its always best to ask the experienced than make the same mistakes again!

I've done a few searches on it and the options are mind boggling!

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Hi buddy and welcome to the forum. Someone will be answering your question shortly. However this has been covered a fair few times. Give it a quick search. All the best mate.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers for the welcome guys!

I'm just debating going with a new Honda OEM clutch (the new 325 one) or the kevlar ones as they seem to be rated (pun fully intended) quite highly. Its only slipping really so I suspect the DMF is completely fine. I don't fancy shelling out huge amounts to pay someone to do it (I could spend it on better brakes then!) but equally I don't fancy spending a weekend rolling around under the car in the cold. I've seen costs for replacements on here vary from ~£500 to near £1K depending on what was fitted and by who.

I'm not really going to be tweaking the Civic, I don't need a remap as it kind of defeats the point of it being a cheap car to run and if I have the extra power I WILL use it so its more a case of keeping it reliable and not having to do it again.

I might get myself some nicer brakes when I come to replace them though as the OEM honda ones aren't that fantastic and I can't see the point in not having the best brakes for road use available. Maybe some CTR ones but I've only got 16" wheels and they might not fit, so maybe just drilled/grooved discs and uprated pads.

·
JAPFEST Event Organiser
817 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Welcome to the forum :wave: