2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Civinfo Space Monkey
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only the 1st of 2009 & already lucks swinging like a mad old lady with a walking stick, finished work at 6am last night & went to get car out of car-park when a stranger begged me to give him & his partner a lift 5minutes up the road as couldn't get a taxi (West End of London). Said no twice as was tired & wanted to get home but after he slapped £50 in my hand the milk of human kindness flowed through my veins & I agreed, was a 5 minute journey & he couldn't say thankyou enough & I probably used about 50p of petrol.

Fast forward to 9pm this evening, same car-park, finishing work & reversing out of parking bay & .............SCRRRRRRRRRRRRAPE! Drivers side bumper caught post while reversing, is too dark to tell at the moment but looks like mostly paint from post with a few knicks on edge, clip gone on arch plastic so probably will need replacing.

So thats Me 1, Bad Luck 1. will post pics when i've seen the light of day!
Happy New Year, Be carefull out there!!
:evil2:

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Ah shame that is not good news, but 50 quid, man he was one lazy (rich) mofo!

·
Civinfo Space Monkey
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well been a busy day, as you can see the pictures were not good this afternoon but after alot of T-Cut, Sweat, Praying & TLC you can see the before & after results...

Gave the car a good clean after as weather was permitting, even gave the alloys a Wonder Wheels going over too as got the cleaning bug. As you can see the arch trim will need to be replaced but a touch-up should do for the bumper!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
You won't need a replacement wheel arch wellzie.
A smart repair firm will bring that up as good as new.
I had mine done by the Dealers in house smart guys and they did a cracking job.

·
Administrator
19,165 Posts
Doesn't look too bad in the end, Wellzie!

·
Civinfo Space Monkey
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited by Moderator)
Doesn't look too bad in the end, Wellzie!
Well considering what I was greeted with this morning I think it was a good result myself, the pins on the arch trim are snapped as was going to use it as an excuse to colour code if it had survived.

Thats nothing as the following pictures were taken in July after some **** hit it while it was parked, that was my no-claims gone then!

Attachments

·
Civinfo Space Monkey
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its only metal & plastic at the end of the day, is my pride & joy & hadn't had any car accidents since 1996 so guess I was overdue. Seen some nasty accidents over christmas as drive into London 4 days a week, worst was on christmas eve as saw a citroen xantia stuffed up the back of a brand-spanking new Volvo C30 R-Design in Lewisham (Owner was crying I think). Not what he wanted from Santa so I think I got off lightly!

·
Administrator
19,165 Posts
They say bad luck comes in threes ;)

·
Civinfo Space Monkey
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Administrator
19,165 Posts
Well its either my football team or my job for the 3rd, they both suck!
Let's hope its the football team - jobs can always improve ;)

·
Administrator
19,165 Posts

·
Civinfo Space Monkey
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Neither look like improving but at least my job pays good, needs must as they say :cyclops: !

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
..............or realist?
1. Global financial meltdown and depression

2. The new 5 door Civic grill

3. Wellzie´s accident.

There is 3 for you. No more needed. :D

·
Administrator
19,165 Posts
1. Global financial meltdown and depression