2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

Had my new car for a week now and since I've been floating in and around the forums I thought that I should maybe introduce myself.

I'm the very proud owner of a new FN2 CTR in Milano Red, Pre Reg 08 plate, not the GT spec as I'm a cheapie! :D Cant quite describe how chuffed I am with it though. Putting to one side the fact that you look (uncontrolably) like a plonker driving around with a huge grin all the time its the best car I've ever driven. :D

Since picking it up last Friday I've purchased a custom Type R tax disc holder (with the R number engraved onto it), fitted RickHondaR's 9 L.E.D ambient footwell kit, fitted Osram Nightbreaker bulbs, some Super Bright White L.E.Ds and treated it to three coats of Dodo Juice Wax. Also bought an extremely handy Black and Decker Cyclone Hand held hoover that packs up nicely and fits in the boot. The racing stripes down it are very Focus ST mind you. [smilie=cheeky-grin:

I may have only had it a week but that's long enough to know Osram nightbreakers aint bright enough for my tastes, and any Honda left in the dealers care for any more than a few hours will be inflicted to an inordinate amount of swirls in the paint. To counter these minor issues I've opted for Phillips DiamondVision Bulbs and Some Megs SwirlX (apparently very good for hand polishing out swirls). Hopefully get some pics over the weekend and will post them up.

Its a great forum you got here - learned so much already! [smilie=thatworks.g:

Cheers

CK

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Welcome Chris
BTW...Diamondvision are not as bright as Nightbreakers...DV give a bluish light and will match your LED's better. If youre after a brighter bulb...Philips Extreme are good as well BUT again, not blueish

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Welcome to the madness

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Welcome Chris
BTW...Diamondvision are not as bright as Nightbreakers...DV give a bluish light and will match your LED's better. If youre after a brighter bulb...Philips Extreme are good as well BUT again, not blueish
Sorry mate I probably didnt actually write what I meant to say ... its that HID blueish look I'm after. The Nightbreakers are super bright but to me there still yellow? I've seen a few of the pics posted of the DiamondVisions and they look excellent. Thanks for the info Robbo!

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Forum :)

Congrats on the car and it sounds like you have been very busy upgrading it :)

Looking forward to the pics :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, got to say I've been on a fair few owners forums in my time (well I'm 24 so its been a case of alot of cars in quite a short space of time) and this really is the best of the lot. The wiki section is brilliant! It really is a top site chaps. Keep up the good work!

Hi and welcome to the Forum :)

Congrats on the car and it sounds like you have been very busy upgrading it :)

Looking forward to the pics :)
As busy as I can aford at the moment! Noticed your from Poland mate, your Artur Boruc - a Hero!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum, let's see some pictures!:D
Definately getting pictures at the weekend! Once its been SwirlX'd. Dealers eh ... think they had been washing the car with the kitchen brillo. :D

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
As busy as I can aford at the moment! Noticed your from Poland mate, your Artur Boruc - a Hero!
I will tell my Polish friends that:)

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Welcome! Where in Glasgow you from?

Pics are a must BTW;)

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Hello and welcome!! I think ive seen a Type R with stripes in a YouTube video before.... hmmm sounds familiar

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts

is this your car??

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
lol ye i thought it was pretty good actually :)

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
Welcome ChrisKelly. You chose a great car. I still have the stupid grin 14 months later :biggrin:

The racing stripes down it are very Focus ST mind you. [smilie=cheeky-grin:

[/quote]

:shock: Pics please!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts