2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, newbie here, I'm looking to replace my ancient golf Mk4 with either a golf Mk5 or civic (06-11) - it needs to be diesel, can you give me reasons why it should be a Civic?
I'm looking at some at a car auction on Tuesday, aside from the obvious is there anything I should specifically be looking for, high mileage a problem? - I'm only doing 6k/yr now
many thanks

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
The civic 2.2 doesn't have a dpf so would be okay for low mileage. Does have all the other diesel bits like dmf though.
It will also get caught up in low emission zone charging pretty soon too.
The civic has enormous load capacity with the magic rear seats, Golfs are too common bit like fleas on a dog.

Agree with Farqui - for that low a mileage go for the 1.8 petrol, it will still do over 40 mpg if you drive sensibly and is very reliable.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to :civinfo:

If you are covering just 6k a year then you should rethink diesel only. Do tell us why you only want derv?
Thanks - because of the torque, I'd get it remapped as I've done with my Golf, very addictive to have that much effortless grunt under your right foot.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to :civinfo:

If you are covering just 6k a year then you should rethink diesel only. Do tell us why you only want derv?
Thanks - I've been spoilt by my remapped Golf which chucks out 300 lb/ft, I'm not a hard driver but I do like the instant grunt available from a diesel, when your buying at this sort of level the price difference between petrol and diesel cars is pretty minimal so makes sense to buy diesel

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all - I've been trying to reply with a quote but its not getting posted?
Anyhoo - I'd like a diesel because of the torque which is quite addictive

1 - 8 of 8 Posts